We’re looking for an outstanding Claims Product Director to join our fast growing team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for working across multiple stakeholders to drive the vision, strategy, and execution of the claims product within our next-generation telematics platform. You’ll have ownership for the product vision and roadmap by working with industry leading insurance carriers, ecosystem partners, and end users to define product features and requirements.
You will dive deep into the details while keeping focused on the big picture and the value we’re creating for our customers. You will be asked to solve complex operational problems while providing visibility and adapting to the needs of various internal and external stakeholders. Success in this role will require a strong understanding of mobile and digital technologies, auto claims process and operations, a proven ability to work collaboratively across an organization, a clear and deep curiosity to learn, and a bias toward action.
As the Director of Claims Solutions, you will lead customer implementations of our Telematics Claims platform. You will be the primary point of contact for these customers, many of whom are among the Top 10 insurers in the U.S., Canada and Europe. This involves educating them regarding our platform capabilities, working with them to define their pilot goals and requirements, and internally coordinating the implementation of our platform to suit their requirements. Also, you will work closely with our Product Managers and Engineers to build the product roadmap and make enhancements based on high value add use cases.
- Own and manage relationships with insurance clients and ecosystem partners.
- Collect and maintain a deep understanding of your product(s)’s use cases, synthesized from customer and prospect interviews, market data analysis, and user feedback.
- Work with customers to establish their goals, define the pilot program and requirements, and set clear, measurable targets.
- Be the primary lead for customer implementations of your product and TrueMotion’s platform.
- Proven ability to Influence a cross-functional team of engineers, sales, and designers to help articulate, build, and ship high-impact products to our customers.
- Develop, articulate, and evangelize the vision and roadmap both internally and externally.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to make sure that the team is meeting the needs of TrueMotion’s long and short term goals.
- Leverage consumer insights and competitive intelligence to inform product decisions; research and identify new opportunities
- Work closely with UX to gather user feedback and iterate on or create new product features based on user needs and pain points.
- Define metrics for determining success for new features, track these metrics, and make adjustments to the roadmap accordingly
- Collaborate with Product Manager to document customer requirements for the engineering, QA and data science teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent qualification).
- At least 3-5 years of product management or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with data scientists and machine learning engineers to set requirements for predictive algorithms.
- Experience creating and communicating a narrative about the value of data and platforms to transform end user experiences.
- Familiarity working in an agile environment and working with tools such as JIRA to track and refine process.
- Strong project management / program management skills.
- A scrappy, “impact-focused” attitude: you don’t hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on.
- A passion for using data to make our streets and highways safer.
- Ability to quickly understand our technology and be able articulate it to our customers.
- Strong communication skills both with external customers and internal team members.
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize them.
- Curious - Interested in learning new concepts and technologies.
- Are a utility player and self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Are able to develop project roadmaps and lead a cross-functional team to execute.
- Understand the impact of highly satisfied customers and work to turn every customer and employee into a net promoter of the company. You're willing to roll up your sleeves to identify issues and find solutions to customer issues early, and do it with passion.
- Manage analysts conducting complex analysis under ambiguity and uncertainty – and find it challenging and rewarding.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.