Boston, MA (View all jobs)
We are looking for an experienced financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The Financial Controller must provide crucial financial data and work with executive management to coordinate all financial planning functions with business operations. You will work closely with our CFO in a hands-on environment.
- Manage all finance and accounting operations
- Provide senior management and executives with the analysis and information they need to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions
- Coordinate and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Manage financial risk
- Multinational experience
- Complete any additional tasks that may arise
- Minimum of 7 years combined accounting and financial experience
- Software background
- Experience in a high growth company
- Venture/private equity backed
- Efficient in QuickBooks, NetSuite, and Carta
- Experience at a national public accounting firm or Big 4 Experience
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite particularly in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). TrueMotion’s engine is powered by our six core values, they are impact, simplicity, integrity, humility, excellence, and fun. We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.