At TrueMotion we’re motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to be at work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable for everyone. Our patented technology precisely determines driver risk via data from drivers' smartphones. Leading insurance companies are able to leverage this data to draw insights that can be used to help people become safer drivers and also save money on their car insurance.
About the role
We're looking for an organized, team-oriented self-starter who can help us design, develop and maintain the back end of our Python-based IoT applications hosted in AWS environment that process and analyze large amounts of data sent to our mobile smartphone apps. The backend code is being co-developed with engineers on our data science team, who own the machine learning modules that identify and recognize driving behaviors. Self-sustained scrum teams deliver code to production without external dependencies, which requires close collaboration with mobile developers, data scientists, and QA engineers. The ideal candidate for this role will have prior experience with building scalable, maintainable, secure backend code, and also understands fundamental concepts of unit testing, automation, and continuous delivery.
- Design, develop, validate, and maintain TrueMotion backend applications
- Contribute to the platform evolution and enhance its feature set
- Drive the resolution of very hard problems with high success rate
- Mentor other engineers in developing technical and domain expertise
- Participate in SCRUM team planning and technical meetings
- Support and continuously improve release and deployment pipeline
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Partake in the on-call rotation
- 5+ years of work experience in backend engineering
- Strong coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more. We work primarily in Python.
- Proficient in Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with AWS services, Linux, and Docker
- Experience with database (RDBMS & NoSql) design
- Experience with large scale production systems, including distributed systems, security, and/or configuration management
- Experience shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, adapt and learn quickly
- Experience with IoT - combining end-user devices and cloud services
- Experience with network protocols and shipping publicly available APIs
- Contributed to automated test frameworks
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: local candidates are highly preferred for this role. We are also unable to provide visa sponsorships at this time.