Want to come help build and evolve the Android stack for a product that's making driving more affordable and safer for everyone? As an Android developer at TrueMotion, you’ll lead new mobile projects from concept to implementation, including the development of key functionality and infrastructure. The ideal person for this role will be someone who is able to weigh both technical and business considerations, works collaboratively, communicates articulately and inspires people to be awesome!
- Contribute to the development of our Android app store and B2B applications and SDKs
- Help scale our mobile team processes by practicing “Clean Code” principles in one or more of the following domains: app architecture, branching/versioning, release train, feature flipping and A/B test, CI pipeline, TDD.
- Advocate for the Android platform e.g: evaluating new frameworks, mentoring the team and leading the Android technical vision at TrueMotion
- Deliver apps to market with continually increasing productivity, while also maintaining and continually improving turnaround time and and quality
- Participate in code reviews and team meetings
- Complete additional tasks as they arise
- 1+ years of experience working with key technologies for the Android platform.
- Fluency in Java
- Knowledge of RxJava and/or Kotlin
- Experience designing robust, extensible and customizable mobile application code and frameworks
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Strong UI development skills (complex view trees, animations, rendering and strong knowledge of the Android UI kit)
- Knowledgeable about test driven development (TDD), behavior driven development (BDD) and debugging.
- Basic cryptographic knowledge
- Literacy in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Swift, Objective-C, Python.
- System engineering /architectural skills e.g. be able to understand the big picture.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.