TrueMotion has created the leading smartphone based solution for reducing distracted driving, making driving safer and more affordable for everyone. Based on our success, we're now innovating new ways to leverage the power of our TrueMotion engine, with a variety of applications in the automotive space.
We're in search of an experienced iOS developer to help us evolve our iPhone apps. In this new role you'll be using Core Motion and Core Location APIs to implement algorithms designed by our data science team, along with networking protocols for sending and receiving data from our backend services. The ideal person for this role will be someone who enjoys working collaboratively as part of a team, can weigh both technical and business considerations, and has a passion for shipping great products that delight our customers.
- Contribute to the development of our iOS app store and B2B applications and SDK
- Scale mobile processes; participate in release pipeline, test automation and monitoring (trip capture, battery and data usage, car crashes, etc.).
- Help embed algorithms initially developed to run in the cloud back to the phone.
- Confidently advocate for the iOS platform (e.g: evaluating new frameworks, mentoring the team, and helping lead the iOS technical vision at TrueMotion).
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience working with key technologies for the iOS platform (Swift, Objective-C with exposure to the following frameworks: Core Data, Core Location, Core Motion, MapKit, Push notifications and UIKit)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar/related Technical degree
- Experience distributing apps to the Apple App Store, as well as navigating the Apple review process
- Experience architecting mobile application code for end user delivery, white label delivery, and SDK delivery
- Experience working on applications consuming JSON from RESTful services
- A strong intuitive sense for good user experience
- Knowledgeable about test driven development (TDD), behavior driven development (BDD), and debugging.
- Experience building Android applications and/or an interest in learning the Android side as well.
- Good knowledge of Agile process and methodology, including planning and estimation.
At TrueMotion we’re motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to come to work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable. Our patented technology precisely determines driver risk using data from their smartphones. Insurance customers can opt-in by agreeing to share their data with insurers who can then offer them rewards as they improve, and also use that data to draw insights about how people drive while helping them to be safer drivers and save money on their auto insurance.
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.