Do you have a Testing/Quality background and a creative problem solving mindset? Do you take a systematic approach to quality assurance? We're looking for a Software Engineer in Test who will work closely with our other QA engineers to complete various automation efforts, contributing to automated test software, automation infrastructures, test plans and test cases to execute testing on mobile devices, web interfaces, and server-side infrastructure. You can work comfortably with developer and operations tools -- e.g. API and SDK reference documentation, system logs and debuggers. You will design tests for our cloud-based products and mobile apps running on millions of smartphones, helping to ensure that we deliver the highest quality products possible. As we develop new features, you will also be testing our apps a user to see what is and isn't working from a product perspective.
- Play a major role in championing the importance of quality improvement across all areas of the software development life cycle
- Advocate and ensure a high quality user experience
- Prepare test scenarios, write test specifications and help improve automation frameworks throughout the entire software development life cycle
- Execute tests, isolate bugs, troubleshoot, and log defects through to defect closure
- Work with cross-functional teams to explore requirements, designs, and implementations in order to execute acceptance tests and develop quality plans
- Utilize a solid understanding of iOS, Android, and web technologies
- Identify hypothetical failure modes; design and execute tests of hypotheses
- Design & execute functional test scripts and regression testing using automated tools
- Work directly with customers to help resolve their issues
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Industry experience in QA with a focus on automated testing software for client-server applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- An understanding of modular programming and object oriented programming techniques (Python, Java, Objective C, etc.)
- Knowledge of interaction and visual design principles (IxD, UX, UI)
- Experience testing web applications with a lot of users
- Success testing native mobile applications on Android and iOS devices.
- Experience writing test infrastructures and tooling
- Knowledge of MySQL and queries; database experience (SQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with mobile automation (Android or iOS)
- Familiarity with server virtualization software such as Docker
- Understanding of API testing methods and tools
- Continuous Integration framework experience
TrueMotion is helping to drive the future of connected devices and autonomous cars with its leading mobile platform for vehicle telematics and driving safety. At TrueMotion we’re motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to come to work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable. If you’re a positive, organized self starter, then TrueMotion may be for you! Our patented technology precisely determines driver risk via data from a driver's smartphone. Insurance companies draw insights from this data, which is then used to help people become safer drivers and save money on car insurance.
TrueMotion was co-founded by the CEO of ZipCar and the President of Tesla. We are backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: local candidates are highly preferred for this role. We are also unable to provide visa sponsorships at this time.