Do you love helping people? Do you enjoy solving problems? TrueMotion is looking for a Technical Support Engineer (L3) extraordinaire who will be at the frontline of customer care and support. As Technical Support “champion,” you will resolve complex technical issues with enthusiasm, while remaining calm under pressure and displaying a customer first attitude. You should be comfortable working on complex technical issues while also being able to translate those into a language that all levels of technical aptitude can understand (from Product to Developers to Marketing).
In this role, you will focus primarily on handling inbound customer support inquiries / escalations that range from simple playbook best practices to digging into our codebase. This important customer-facing role will also assist with providing external client documentation, help mold the triaging process and provide guidance on best practices in support – our aim is to be the best in tackling our client’s needs.
- Provide efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide guidance on iOS and Android mobile technologies, SDK integration and overall deployment of TrueMotion’s platform and mobile applications including backend and front-end frameworks
- Debug customer issues and create reproducible test cases
- Work directly with customers via email and over the phone
- Provide escalated technical and triage support when the occasion calls
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams
- Have a sense of ownership and be in the center of the action for the opportunity to influence and shape the product roadmap
- Report on issues, resolution, service levels and customer satisfaction
- Manage all customer support tools (e.g., ZenDesk) and support processes
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- 2+ years experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Python or other
- Mobile (iOS/Android) debugging and/or development experience
- Big data (SQL or other database querying) experience
- 2-4 years experience supporting a SaaS or mobile technical product
- Superior customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively
- Proven analytical/problem solving ability
- Experience programming in Java or Objective C a plus
- SaaS and API developer support experience preferred
- College degree (CS degree preferred)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.