The team is building tools and integrations to facilitate daily streamlined processes for their logistics stakeholders/business partners, ultimately impacting our end-users who rely on their logistics offering. Engineers will be asked to build new and enhanced features and integrations (e.g. with our TMS) to better the overall experience for our internal operations folks as well as and our end-users
- Join team scrum ceremonies (e.g. standup, sprint planning).
- Work with Product Managers, Lead Engineer, and other teammates on the pod to understand acceptance criteria/requirements.
- Communicate their approach, work status, any blockers, etc.
- Write clean, performant, and secure code, addressing ticket requirements in a reasonable time frame, including automation tests (e.g. unit tests, integration tests).
- Support their teammates via discussions, QA/UAT, code reviews, etc.
- Work with the rest of the team to validate their work (e.g. QA/UAT sessions, progress demos).
- Own their work throughout the SDLC, deploying and confirming their changes across our various environments.
- 5+ years working in a fast-paced software environment as an engineer focused on API services, supporting systems, and 3rd party vendor integrations.
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving.
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems a plus.
- Extensive experience working with Python and modern web frameworks.
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments.
- Extensive experience working with relational databases and ORMs to interact with them.
- Experience with queueing systems (Celery, SQS, Pub/Sub, etc).
- Advanced experience with unit testing, its concepts, and associated tools.
- Payment in USD
- Free credentials for e-learning platforms
- Remote workshops & activities