Our client helps brands to find the change to fuel business growth. An award-winning global brand performance agency, home to 1,000 talented people across 25 offices globally. Creating unique data, technology and media solutions that enable faster and smarter problem solving and an inspired, collaborative workplace culture.
- Build a real-time data analysis system
- Work with self-healing tolerant auto-scaled big data clusters
- Create 20+ in-house custom products used by 300+ technically skilled analysts
- Maintain a system that takes 1 billion lines of data through our ETL pipeline daily
- Spin 200,000 Docker containers daily
- Act as a hands-on mentor who can lead teammates by example
- Keep the quality bar high by continuously evolving the system while keeping it simple
- Focus on having the highest impact on the product
- Work closely with the Principal Lead and the other engineers in your team to define the appropriate technical approach, metrics, and timeliness
- Participate in the product roadmap and help the team to make the most informed decisions to break down complex tech deliverables into simple and understandable one.
Note: Quality is key for us, so you will ensure all product components are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production), deliver products using the appropriate level of testing and monitoring, fail fast, and learn and iterate frequently.
- Long commercial Ruby background with strong programming skills
- Experience of working closely with business teams when building products
- Operational experience in using the systems available at AWS
- Pro-active in suggesting new tools, processes and technologies
- Being hands-on with code in developing our products using best practices,
- Ability to create services using micro-service architecture pattern
- Ability to see the bigger picture while focused on small details
- Believer in infrastructure as code
- Ability to pick up new technologies and languages by having a play
- Manipulating high volumes of data from many remote sources
- Experience in different languages than Ruby and other programming paradigms (Functional, Event-Driven)
- Micro-service architecture
- Payment in USD.
- Free credentials for e-learning platforms.
- Remote workshops & activities.