Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication smarter, safer and more efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls or messages. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations, for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 290 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS.
- A team of +200 people from ~35 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
We at the Identity team , serve our users and fulfill our company vision by enabling each person or business to maintain a secure and trusted online identity. We do this by providing smooth and efficient activation and account handling for Truecaller users, allowing only authorized access to our platform so that only legitimate users are granted access to our services.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will take on lots of responsibilities in Truecaller’s backend development and maintenance which serves over 290 million active users. You will also be coding new features and have an active role in the definition of the backend architecture. We are looking for an ambitious developer who has a passion for technology and a great will to learn and grow with us.
What do we expect from you
- Software development experience with Scala or Java
- Experience working with microservices, architecture, and patterns
- Experience working with non-relational databases
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good English skills, oral and written
What will you work on
- Developing high-volume, low-latency application and coping with the challenges of working in a distributed environment.
- Designing microservices and exploring new solutions and technologies together with the platform team.
- Build a scalable and reliable system
It would be great if you also have
- Scala, Lightbend stack
- Play framework
- Google Cloud Platform
- Reactive systems
- Apache Kafka
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: https://www.instagram.com/lifeattruecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. We provide full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
We only accept applications in English.
What we offer
- An international team - ~35 nationalities are working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals.
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.