Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication smarter, safer and more efficient. We focus on smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls or messages. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations, for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 280 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS.
- A team of +200 people from ~35 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
We at the Identity team serve our users and fulfill our company vision by enabling each person or business to maintain a secure and trusted online identity. We do this by providing smooth and efficient activation and account handling for Truecaller users, allowing only authorized access to our platform so that only legitimate users are granted access to our services.
As a Data Scientist, you will support our product teams and our leadership with insights gained from analyzing company data. Work with large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and use models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
What do we expect from you
- 4+ years of industry experience in a Data Scientist position or a relevant field
- Advanced experience using Python
- Advanced experience in analytical and quantitative problem solving
- Experience with data warehousing principles with strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with data analytics, data wrangling, and visualization tools
- Knowledge about machine learning and statistical methods for predictive modeling
- A passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
What will you work on
- Drive and innovate the fraud detection work across the organizational assets
- Collect large amounts of raw input data and convert them into insights, actions, and outcomes
- Employ data-driven techniques to solve business-related issues
- Promote and shape the usage of data, analytics, and ML capabilities in the team and across the organization
What does a day or week look like
- Drive, formulate, and scope Data/Data Science/ML projects and Proofs-of-Concept.
- Deliver deep-dive workshops and Proofs-of-Concept on Data Science and ML
- Work with engineers, product owners, and product managers to build curated data sets that answer specific business needs.
- Develop and maintain performance dashboards with key metrics for review with the leadership and various business units
- Create up-and down-stream data pipelines both for raw data as well as master datasets in the central Data Lake to aggregate and prepare data for self-serve analysis and reporting
- Manage numerous projects concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
It would be great if you also have
- Deep knowledge on Machine Learning and Predictive Modeling
- Machine learning engineering (building ML pipelines, etc.)
- ETL/ELT workflows (Apache Airflow), schedulers, and event-based triggers
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with Spark and Scala
- Experience with mobile application ecosystems and technologies
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: https://www.instagram.com/lifeattruecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. We provide full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
We only accept applications in English.
What we offer
- An international team - ~35 nationalities are working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals.
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.