Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world and building a space for trustworthy conversations for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 280 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250 people from 30 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We in Platform team provides the services, tools, and knowhow to make the Business units operationally independent. The domains we cover are Android/iOS core development and CI/CD, Data Platform providing analytics as a service, and back end core development and Infrastructure.
As a Android Engineer in the Platform Infrastructure team your main objective will be to help the developers in the Business Units to deliver their features as fast, secure and efficiently as possible. You will provide building pipelines, dashboards and ways to quickly find issues in the app builds. You will also own and maintain shared libraries used by the app as well as parts of the code with a focus on core functionality such as network protocols, event logging and feature flags. As Android Platform Engineer you will interact with the developers, testers and other stakeholders in the BU’s to understand their needs and challenges and to share info and updates. You will be part of a team consisting of Release engineers, iOS, Android and other software platform engineers.
What do we expect from you
- Advanced knowledge of programming using Java and Kotlin
- Deep understanding and several years hands-on experience in Android application development (architecture, design, tools, SDKs), asynchronous server communication (and UX optimization)
- Hands-on experience with different app architectures and design patterns
- Experience with unit testing
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Ability to plan and prioritize your own work items
- Ability to interact with Android team members and other stakeholders
What will you work on
- Gather requirements and formulate acceptance criteria from the business units collaboratively as part of my team.
- Collaborate with the other appropriate members of my team to provide just enough to get the feature we’re working on done.
- Collaborate with the other appropriate members of my team to provide just enough documentation to support the features we are working on.
- As part of the team, help implement and improve processes for planning, operations, and continuous improvements.
- Attend all the team meetings.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. We provide full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
We only accept applications in English.
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities are working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.