Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication smarter, safer and more efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls or messages. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations, for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 280 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
We at Messaging team build a best-in-class messaging experience for Truecaller users that offers both chat (IM) and SMS experience within the same app, with a focus on trust and user privacy.
As a test engineer in the team you will be a key figure in assuring and improving our product quality, making sure that we are giving a world-class experience to our users. Your responsibilities include taking ownership of the planning and maintaining our testing processes across different stages of product development. You will be part of a cross-functional team and work closely with the whole development team, fellow Test Engineers, Product Owners, and Product Manager/ Director.
What do we expect from you
- 2+ years of experience in relevant position, at least 2 years mobile testing experience
- Experience of testing in a medium or large scale agile software development environment
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Issue & Project Tracking Software like JIRA
- Experience with Android testing frameworks such as Espresso and Appium
- Experience using mobile development tools Xcode, Android Studio, Charles Proxy, etc.
- Programming experience/ background, so you can identify the causes of problems in the code base and communicate efficiently with developers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or other relevant degrees
- Fluency in English, speaking, and writing
What will you work on
- Make sure test activities are identified for user stories
- Create and document test cases and product flow
- Identify test activities and test dependencies that span across the backend and frontend domain to ensure the end to end quality
- Coordinate/ coach developer’s participation in the team's test activities
- Be the gatekeeper for all team deliverables agreed quality levels to ensure that acceptance criteria and definition of done are met before a task is closed
- Analyzing and interpreting, getting to the heart of complex problems and issues
It would be great if you also have:
- Understanding and hands-on experience in UI test automation on mobile platforms, both Android & iOS
- Experience in testing messaging domain (Instant messaging)
- Knowledge of grpc protocol
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: https://www.instagram.com/lifeattruecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. We provide full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
We only accept applications in English.
What we offer
- An international team - ~35 nationalities are working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals.
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.