Hello, Truecaller is calling you from Bangalore, India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scams, calls and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250+ people, from 30+ different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
Enterprise Products team focuses on creating new revenue streams for Truecaller through solutions that help businesses in improving the efficiency of their customer communication. With visibility to more than 250M users, Truecaller provides an ideal platform for businesses across the globe to exchange information with their customers.
As a Test Engineer, you will play a key role in assuring and improving our product quality, ensuring that we are giving a world class experience to our users.
Your responsibilities include taking the ownership of planning and maintaining our testing processes and structures, as well as leading the test automation activities in the team. You will be part of a cross-functional team and work closely with the whole development team, fellow Test Engineers, and Product Owners.
What do we expect from you?
- 3-6 years of relevant experience into testing.
- Have a genuine passion for software quality and testing
- Experience of testing in a medium or large scale agile software development environment.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in both mobile and web platforms.
- Understanding and hands-on experience in UI test automation on mobile platforms, both Android & iOS and web automation.
- Experience from Android testing frameworks such as Espresso and Appium.
- Programming experience to be able to identify causes of problems in the code base and communicate efficiently with developers.
- Excellent manual testing skills.
- Experience with Issue & Project Tracking Software - JIRA.
- Experience with Android Studio and Xcode.
- Experience in tools like Postman, Charles Proxy or similar.
What will you work on?
- Develop test strategies for user stories.
- Create and document test cases and product flow.
- Identify test activities and test dependencies that span across the backend and frontend domain to ensure the end to end quality.
- Coordinate/coach the developer’s participation in the team's test activities.
- Be a gatekeeper for all team deliverables agreed quality levels to ensure that acceptance criteria and definition of done are met before a task is closed.
It would be great if you also have:
- Understanding and hands-on experience in UI test automation on mobile platforms, both Android & iOS and web automation
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate, please send your application at the earliest. We are excited to hear from you...!
This position is based in Bangalore, India. Application in English. For more information, please contact Suma Jagannath our Talent Acquisition Partner via Email: Sumalatha.firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football Team, Geek lunch, Lab Days!
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Accident, Term life insurances
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.