Hello, Truecaller is calling you from Bangalore, India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scams calls and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250+ people, from 30+ different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
The Enterprise Solutions Business Unit at Truecaller focuses on creating new revenue streams for Truecaller through solutions that help businesses in improving the efficiency of their customer communication. With visibility to more than 250M users, Truecaller provides an ideal platform for businesses across the globe to exchange information with their customers.
As a Scala Developer, you will be responsible in building new microservices using Scala to support the product requirements of enterprise products on Truecaller. It will also require you to build data pipelines and services to deal with a high volume of business user’s data.
What do we expect from you?
- 5+ years of experience as Scala developer.
- Excellent knowledge of Scala programming languages.
- Experience with microservices architecture patterns.
- Knowledge of Play Framework.
- JVM – tuning and optimizing.
- Hands-on experience in building large scale platforms & services using Java/non-Java technologies (Scala), Redis, Kafka & NoSQL stores.
- Microservices architecture and patterns.
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
- Good English skills, oral and written.
What will you work on?
- You will build data pipelines and services to deal with a high volume of business user’s data.
- Producing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for large systems
- Coping with the challenges of working in a distributed and highly concurrent environment.
- You will be coding new features and have an active role in the definition of the enterprise products architecture, which includes designing microservices and researching new alternatives and technologies.
It would be great if you also have:
- Reactive systems (Akka, RxJava, or similar)
- Apache Kafka
- Cloud computing (Google Cloud Platform)
- Reporting tools for generation of analytics and statistics (e.g Graphite/Grafana/Prometheus)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate, please send your application at the earliest. We are excited to hear from you...!
This position is based in Bangalore, India. Application in English. For more information, please contact Suma Jagannath our Talent Acquisition Partner via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football Team, Geek lunch, Lab Days!
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Accident, Term life insurances
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.