Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impact; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scammers. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations with those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 270+million people around the world and is growing rapidly across many different regions.
We, in the Search team, develop the core features of Truecaller and we contribute to enhancing our users’ communication experience by providing them with the most relevant identity information and state-of-the-art spam protection. Our vision is to provide the ultimate search engine for contact details for our users and keep their communication relevant and spam-free.
As a Senior Data Engineer in the Search team, you will play an important role in the development of data pipelines, frameworks and models to support the understanding of our users and making better product decisions. You will contribute to empowering the product teams with a complete self-serve analytics platform by working on scalable and robust solutions while collaborating with data engineers, data scientists and data analysts across the company.
What we expect from you:
- Experience working with orchestration tools (eg: Airflow)
- Experience working with big data and ETL development
- Programming skills in SQL, Spark with Scala or Python
- Experience working with cloud computing services (eg : GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Data Science workflows
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both with peers and experts from other areas
- Self-motivated and have a proven ability to take initiative to solve problems
What will you work on?
- Play a crucial role in the team and own ETL pipelines
- Build new tools, develop and maintain Truecallers Search features
- Gather and analyze the requirements
- Provide best tools based on requirements for the team to be able to reach their respective goals
- Make data-driven decisions accompanied by past experience
- Work in close collaboration with data scientists and data analysts
- Work with vast projects like migration to Google BigQuery, migration to cloud-native technologies, etc.
It would be great if you also have experience in:
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Ability to orchestrate & develop real-time machine learning pipelines
- Anomaly detection applications
- Real-time validation of data
- Experience with Apache Beam, Apache Flink or CloudML
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
More about Truecaller:
- The world’s #1 Caller ID and Spam Blocking service for Android and iOS.
- A team of 250+ people, from 35+ different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Sounds like your dream job?
At Truecaller we give you the opportunity to build a career you love. Join us in our mission to make communication safe and efficient!
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. For more information please contact Lamia Habzi via firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
- An international team
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- A learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Breakfast and refreshments for you every day (*Currently we are WFH due to the pandemic).
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.