Hello, Truecaller is calling you from Bangalore, India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scams, calls and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250 people, from 30 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We, the Insights team, responsible for SMS Categorization and other Smart SMS features within the Truecaller app. The OTP & bank notifications, bill reminder alerts, the tab called “Important” are some examples of the Smart SMS features. The team has developed a patented offline text parser that powers all these features. The team’s mission is to become the World’s most loved and trusted SMS app which is aligned with Truecaller’s vision to make communication safe and efficient. Truecaller is already the biggest third-party SMS app with over 15 Million default SMS users worldwide.
As an Android Developer, Being one of the key roles in our Mobile Engineering team, you are deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android. Your challenge will be to apply software craftsmanship as well as to identify and lead larger refactoring and improvement initiatives. Everything you release will reach 250+ millions of Android users, which requires a strong focus on usability. You will be developing for several devices together with your team, and also drive cross team technical initiatives. Implementation of complex features and design work are also things that you will be highly involved in.
What we expect from you:
- 3 to 5 years in Android application development experience.
- An extensive, hands-on experience with modern Android application development incl. application lifecycle, asynchronous server communication, and UI components.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Espresso
- A passion for writing clean, maintainable and efficient code using Kotlin or Java
- Understanding of concurrency and asynchronous operations in android ecosystem
- A mind-set to get things done while maintaining high standards by shipping high quality code.
- Experience with agile development having an approach to continuously improve what you are doing
What will you work on?
- Write code and maintain an android codebase which impacts 250+ of millions of users
- Take ownership of the features that you build and ensure a high level of user experience
- Ensure the quality and maintainability of the codebase with every commit that you do
- Evaluate and present new technologies or approaches to the team to ensure that the codebase stays modern and stays reliable and performance
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience with MVVM and Kotlin is a huge bonus
- Prototyping skills which will help us in rapid iteration
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate, please send your application at the earliest. We are excited to hear from you!
This position is based in Bangalore, India. Application in English. For more information please contact Chaitra Udupa our Talent Acquisition Partner via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football Team, Geek lunch, Lab Days!
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Accident, Term life insurances
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.