Hello, Truecaller is calling you from India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scams, calls, and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250 people, from 30 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We, in the Ads Product, are all about making Ads more meaningful & relevant to our users and help drive marketing objectives for our partners/advertisers. Ads are one of the ways Truecaller monetizes the APP, and thus holds a critical role in driving Truecaller revenues. Our scale boasts about: ~4BN Acs Req per day, ~2 BN impressions (globally) per day, thus making Truecaller one of the largest standalone publishers in India and emerging markets like Egypt, North Africa, etc.
Mission -The Ads team is responsible for monetizing Truecaller inventory through ads by offering targeted advertising solutions to our demand partners.
Product Features- Display/Video Ads, Audience/Device/Geo/Custom targeting, Roadblocks/CPM/Programmatic.
Responsible for - Building ads solutions and selling our ads offerings to our advertiser partners in India and outside.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for collecting, organizing, analyzing, and interpreting Truecaller data and drawing insightful conclusions with the aim of enhancing BU’s road map, business plan, and customer experience. The individual will work in close collaboration with the product, engineering, and platform team in order to identify and follow up on metrics, evaluate A/B tests and user behavior, and identify product insights. The role requires working both independently and proactively with identifying improvement opportunities as well as being involved in separate projects. The Data Scientist will act as an advisor to the BU's product improvement, strategy building, and management team by identifying and communicating data insight.
What do we expect from you
- 2 to 4 years experience as a data scientist
- Knowledge of database modeling and data warehousing principles
- Knowledge of SQL, Spark/Pyspark
- Experience in data modeling on Big Query, Hive, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka ecosystem, stream processing to support the day-to-day work.
- Extensive experience with analytical and quantitative problem-solving.
- Experience with common analysis tools such as Jupiter, open source, or commercially available libraries.
- Expertise in machine learning algorithms focusing on regression, classifications, clustering, probability networks, association rules, deep neural networks, and reinforcement learning.
- Programming knowledge in at least one language such as Python, Scala in addition to SQL.
- Ability to excel with challenging tasks with a calm and positive attitude.
What will you work on
- Collecting, organizing, analyzing, and interpreting all data and drawing insightful conclusions which enable us to work in a smarter way.
- Create visual interpretations from data and explain graphs and charts with insightful notes and summaries.
- Analyzing user data and assist product development in finding new innovative ways of presenting and making use of data.
- Support our management team in identifying, measuring, and following up on key metrics
- Providing regular, accurate, and comprehensive statistical reports.
- Providing objective insight and analysis to influence decision making.
- Ensuring quality of data and actively working on cleaning data to make sure of top notch relevance and accuracy.
- Actively keep up to date on external market and data research and work towards adding data points from external sources to our own data in order to create a value added analysis.
It would be great if you also have
- Experience from working with mobile applications and Ad tech is a great advantage.
- Knowledge of Spark, Scala
- ML operations
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate, please send your application at the earliest. We are excited to hear from you!
This position is based in Bangalore, India. Application in English. For more information please contact Chaitra Udupa our Talent Acquisition Partner via Email: email@example.com
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football Team, Geek lunch, Lab Days!
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Accident, Term life insurances
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.