Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impact; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations with those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250+ people, from 30+ different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We, in the Search team, develop the core features of Truecaller and we contribute to enhancing our users’ communication experience by providing them with the most relevant identity information and state-of-the-art spam protection. Our vision is to provide the ultimate search engine for contact details for our users and keep their communication relevant and spam-free.
As a Product Director for Search, Assets and Spam, you will be responsible for the central product area and the core value proposition of Truecaller. The capabilities, components and systems in place to provide trusted identity information and keep user's communication nuisance free, are still the main reason why most users download the Truecaller app. You will be responsible for the quality and relevance of the large amount of data in our system, the algorithms, statistical and machine learning models that make meaning out of that data, and the user experience while interacting with the information that is aimed at helping them have better control of their mobile communication. You will be, at the same time, leading a team of 20 cross-disciplined professionals, and contribute to their happiness and personal development with the help of the Engineering Managers in the team. The Product Director is reporting to the Chief Operating Officer in Stockholm.
What we expect from you:
- You have proven experience and high confidence in leading complex product development on a tactical, operative, and strategic level
- You have a drive to deliver the best possible end user experience and you are keen to grow alongside how our customers are using our products
- You have an experience and passion for scalable, secure and reliable software systems, combined with the ability to look beyond technology to provide a clear vision for how such systems connect to the company business and product goals.
- You are an inspiring leader that can motivate teams and is comfortable in both delegating and being operational
- You have an experience directly managing and enabling further personal development for product, design and technical staff
- You have proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and senior company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- You have experience from working with and managing third party suppliers and relationships
- You have demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- You are well versed with modern techniques for collecting, processing, analyzing data and using it for sound business and product decision making
- You are an exceptional communicator, you inspire others using wisdom, reason and data
- You have a collaborative mindset that enables you to build strong relationships with other teams in the organization and deliver on the wider mission of the organization
- You have effective customer relations and presentation skills
- You have a demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, legal, finance, sales, marketing.
- You have experience with various product design and development methodologies
What will you work on?
- Lead the Business Unit created around the core value proposition of Truecaller - the Search, Assets and Spam product area, having full accountability for the product, people and budget within the Business Unit
- Create and align the Business Unit’s goals and objectives with the company goals, policies and business objectives in a way that optimizes the product and business outcomes
- Own the vision and strategy for the product area, and together with the team, deliver on the business plan and roadmap
- Guide and inspire the team with deep knowledge about the user, the data about how our users engage with our products and the various constraints of the business – constraints from marketing, sales, service, finance, legal, and privacy are typical examples
- Follow industry trends, investigate and determine market opportunities, conduct technology assessments and develop strategies for the product offering based on customer needs, competition, partnership targets and market trends.
- Collaborate with the CTO to efficiently create product strategy that is in line with the technical strategy of the organization
- Collaborate closely with compliance teams, to ensure everything that is built considers local legislation and follows privacy-first as a principle
- Build strong relationships with other stakeholders including commercial, sales, marketing, customer support teams and other Business Units
- Devise solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and share insights in a well-structured, data-informed narrative
- Influence your team, colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic.
- Grow the team with the right talent, efficiently integrate and mentor new colleagues
- Empower your team, enable sustainability, well being and growth
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. For more information please contact Aouri Pu our Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com.
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.