Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impact; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations with those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250+ people, from 30+ different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We, in the Search team, develop the core features of Truecaller and we contribute to enhancing our users’ communication experience by providing them with the most relevant identity information and state-of-the-art spam protection. Our vision is to provide the ultimate search engine for contact details for our users and keep their communication relevant and spam-free.
As an Engineering Manager in Search, Assets and Spam, you will be building and further developing a high-performing backend team around the most critical domain for Truecaller success. You will be an integral part of creating the product and technical strategy for the domain, and you will be leading and inspiring the team to follow best practices and make sound technical decisions to meet the business objectives.
What we expect from you:
- You are a proven leader with extensive experience leading backend engineering teams at user-focused companies
- You have a wide breadth of awareness in the current engineering landscape including cloud services, backend and mobile frameworks, development toolkits and methodologies
- You’re passionate about developing high-performing engineers and teams and solving complex problems
- You are an exceptional communicator, you are able to communicate effectively with various stakeholders, both internally and externally
- You have experience with various product design and development methodologies
- You are a strong advocate for data-informed decision making
- You’re inspiring and influential and you’re driven by making an impact
What will you work on?
- Lead and contribute to the personal development of a high-performing team of backend engineers
- Execute performance management processes within the team
- Guide, support and inspire the team as they work on delivering on the business objectives
- Facilitate technical discussions and highlight risks and areas of improvement
- Provide technical expertise, context and direction when solving complex problems
- Champion and implement sustainable best-practices
- Drive the technical strategy in collaboration with other peer Engineering Managers, the Technical Counsel, the backend discipline and the broader organisation
- Collaborate with your product counterpart to efficiently deliver on the product and business outcomes
- Help grow the Search and Spam domain by contributing to the platform and tools needed to serve internal and external customers
- Grow the team with the right talent, efficiently integrate and mentor new colleagues
- Enable sustainability, well being and happiness in the team
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. For more information please contact Aouri Pu our Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.