Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scams calls and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250+ people, from 30+ different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
The legal function plays a key role in the continued success of Truecaller and operates across a wide range of legal disciplines as well as jurisdictions. It works very closely with the management, product, business and engineering teams and other functional teams to support Truecaller’s continued growth and upcoming IPO, while at the same time ensuring compliance with legal requirements and internal controls. The existing team has two attorneys based in Bengaluru, India, with two additional hires underway. The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
As General Counsel, you will be responsible for leading Truecaller’s legal function and report to the CFO with a dotted line to the CEO. In this position you will provide legal support on a wide variety of commercial, operational, governance and regulatory issues with a specific emphasis on privacy and data protection laws in the EU and internationally. At Truecaller our purpose is to protect the privacy of our users in a way that helps them connect with others in a safe and trusted manner.
As Truecaller is planning for an IPO, you will also be responsible for managing external legal advisors during this process, and ensure that the legal workstream is proceeding smoothly.
What will you work on?
- Provide expert legal advice and guidance on commercial, privacy and corporate laws and regulations
- Manage the Legal Team to provide advice on strategic business initiatives and transactions helping the business identify pragmatic solutions for Truecaller whilst maintaining commercial flexibility
- Engage directly and through external counsel with regulators including data supervisory authorities on both Truecaller specific matters and broader policy consultations
- Monitor and communicate with management and business group leads on privacy developments and maintain and revise data governance policies to ensure they remain fit for purpose
- Draft, negotiate and supervise commercial contracts and partnerships in multiple markets
- Engage and manage external counsel in a cost efficient and effective manner
- Review product functionality and new product features and design to ensure alignment with legal and regulatory requirements
What we expect from you?
- A solution oriented approach and excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong skills in analyzing and interpreting advanced contractual relationships and monitoring the regulatory environment in which we operate
- A strong sense of personal integrity and good personal judgement
- A passion for tech and mobile innovations
- Engage with product directors in the organization to support them in their product development
- A positive, highly responsive, energetic and collaborative attitude sharing the value of having fun at work
- Proactive, hands on and someone who thrives on leading matters and working independently
- An enthusiastic team player committed to creating value every day
o Someone with a sense of humour who enjoys working in a diverse and entrepreneurial setting
Required education and experience:
- Law school degree with a minimum of 10 years' relevant working experience as an in-house counsel in a multinational company and/or from a leading law firm
- Strong knowledge and skills in data protection and privacy laws both in Europe and internationally and also in commercial law with an emphasis on IT-related matters
- Excellent risk assessment and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English, written and orally, additional language skills are an advantage
Further advantages include experience from:
- Education and work in an international environment including US and Europe
- Managing legal and regulatory compliance in listed companies in Sweden
- High growth and start-up ventures
- Multinational companies within the Telecom/Internet/Media/Digital Technology sector
- Participating in an IPO process, either as an in-house counsel, or with a law firm
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. For more information please contact Talent Acquisition lead - Deepti Pabbisetty via firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.