Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 200 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking, and payments.
We at Platform team provides the services, tools, and knowhow to make the Business units operationally independent. The domains we cover are Android/iOS core development and CI/CD, Data Platform providing analytics as a service, and back end core development and Infrastructure.
As a Site Reliability Engineer - Machine Learning Operations (ML Ops), you'll be part of Platform-Infrastructure team which provides support on application development, designing, managing and maintaining infrastructure services over the course of their life cycle, contributing operations and development knowledge to solve problems dealing with complex infrastructure to improve performance, visibility, stability, availability and reliability using codified, scripted, or automated solutions. Responsible for ML specific resources within the infrastructure.
What we expect from you:
- Programming experience in at least one modern programming language, Go (Java/Scala is a plus).
- 5+ years of programming and system administration on Linux environments, preferably working on high throughput and low latency systems.
- Extensive experience with Public Cloud platforms (preferably GCP).
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes, Ansible and/or Terraform, Kafka
- Experience in ML operations.
- Excellent understanding of distributed system design across process and site boundaries
Hands-on experience with service orchestration and management, deployment activities, configuration management, and all necessary automation
- Good understanding of process isolation, virtualization and containerization concepts and being able to apply them when necessary
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle, versioning, building, testing, staging and deployment processes with a strong continuous delivery mindset
- Having a research-oriented mindset
- Strong tendency to keep things simple and maintainable (stick to KISS + YAGNI)
- Experience in configuring ,provisioning and maintaining high performance clusters
- Experience to create and maintain lifecycle for the ML models.
What will you work on?
- Building tooling to ease the provisioning and scaling of infrastructure resources.
- Continuously improve and extend infrastructure components to handle growth.
- Describe the role as split between Data Platform and Core Infrastructure
- Optimize overall systems performance and investigate production issues for future improvements.
- Ensure systems availability, reachability, maintainability, and testability.
- AI platform
- Contribute to Improve model tracking and monitoring
- Support Data engineers and data scientists by creating and managing big data clusters, environments for data exploration and visualization.
- A modern microservice architecture based on Java/Scala. We use a wide stack of technologies, of which, some of the most important are: Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Apache Cassandra, Scyladb, MySQL, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcache, Prometheus, Grafana, Debian Linux
- Building the necessary instrumentation, tooling, and alarming systems in order to escalate abnormalities.
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. For more information please contact Aouri Pu our Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com.
What we offer:
- International team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.