Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, in Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide a more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by more than 200 million daily active users around the world, being very popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking, and payments.
We, at the Identity team, serve our users and fulfill our company vision by enabling each person or business to maintain a secure and trusted online identity. We do this by providing smooth and efficient activation and account handling for Truecaller users, allowing only authorized access to our platform and that only legitimate users are granted access to our services.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Someone who has strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of analytical tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations.
You must have a proven ability to drive business results with data-based insights and to be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
What we expect from you:
- 3+ years of industry experience in a Data Scientist position or relevant field
- Experience with database modeling and data warehousing principles with a strong and advanced knowledge of SQL
- Stream processing applications
- Experience with data analytics, data wrangling, and visualization
- Experience in analytical and quantitative problem solving
- Machine learning and statistical methods for predictive modeling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What will you work on?
- Collect large amounts of raw input data and convert them into insights, actions, and outcomes
- Employ data-driven techniques to solve business-related issues
- Evangelize the usage of data, analytics, and ML capabilities in the team and across the organization
- Drive the fraud detection work across the organizational assets
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary
- Work with engineering, product owners, and product managers to build curated data sets that answer specific business needs
- Develop and maintain performance dashboards with key metrics for review with the leadership and various business units
- Help formulate and scope Data/Data Science/ML projects and Proof-of-Concepts
- Deliver deep-dive workshops and Proofs-of-Concept on Data Science and ML
- Create up- and down-stream data pipelines both for raw data as well as master datasets in the central Data Lake to aggregate and prepare data for self-serve analysis and reporting
It would be great if you also have:
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Predictive Modeling
- Machine learning engineering (building ML pipelines, etc)
- Data warehouse, orchestration, analytical skills, ML/DI
- ETL/ELT workflows (Apache Airflow), schedulers, and event-based triggers
- Exposure to graph databases
- Experience with GCP
More about Truecaller
Truecaller was founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden where our HQ is today, by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. Today, our strongest presence is in South Asia, Middle East, and Africa. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. For more information please contact Aouri Pu our Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we offer:
- International team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.