Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 190 million daily active users around the world, popular in South-East Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
We, in the Search team, develop the core features of Truecaller and we contribute to enhancing our users’ communication experience by providing them with the most relevant identity information and state-of-the-art spam protection. Our vision is to provide the ultimate search engine for contact details for our users and keep their communication relevant and spam-free.
As a Data Scientist, you will execute large-scale, global and insightful research to understand and propel user experiences and their journeys. You will take a central role in formulating problem statements, designing and developing scalable solutions accompanied by extensive A/B Testing, with the aim of enhancing the product roadmap, customer experience and business strategy. You will also act as an advisor to the Product Forum and Management Team by identifying and communicating important data insights.
What we expect from you:
- 3+ years experience in Data Scientist position or relevant filed
- Experience with database modelling and data warehousing principles with a strong and advanced knowledge of SQL
- Extensive experience in analytical and quantitative problem solving
- Adept and thorough understanding of statistical fundamentals and concepts
- Good knowledge of data mining algorithms, regression, bagging, boosting, supervised & unsupervised learning, probability networks, association rules & clustering
- Experience with analysis tools, open-source or commercially available libraries and toolsets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What will you work on?
- Extract, transform, augment and interpret unstructured and structured data, analyse and draw insightful conclusions to enable data-driven product enhancements
- Work with large, complex data sets, solve difficult and non-routine analysis problems
- Create and interpret visual representations of data accompanied by insightful summaries
- Apply advanced statistical analysis and machine learning techniques wherever possible, to solve various problems and improve current techniques
- Collaborate with cross-functional product and engineering teams
- Build and test analyses pipelines iteratively, to provide insights at scale
- Provide valuable business recommendations, forecasting and executing experiment analysis
- Support the business strategy in identifying, measuring and following up on key metrics
- Work on proactively updating own knowledge on external market and data research, recognising sources that procure value-added analysis
It would be great if you also:
- Have been working with mobile applications with international products
- Have knowledge in big data, especially in cloud services (such as GCP)
- Have experience with Scala and/or Python
- Have worked with Big Query, Spark, stream processing
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Talent Acquisition Partner - Aorui via email@example.com if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International teams, 25+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.