Hey, Truecaller is calling you from Bangalore, India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 180 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking, messaging, and payments.
We at Insights team The Insights Team is responsible for all the Smart-SMS features (Smart Notifications, InfoCards in conversations, Important tab etc) that you see in the Truecaller app and is fully based out of the Bangalore office.
As a Java Developer in the team, your main focus would be to continue the work we have done in the parser, improve it in terms of efficiency and throughput and implement new features.
What we expect from you:
- 4 + Years of experience into core java
- Strong understanding of core java 8, threading, generics, garbage collection, serialization etc
- Strong OOPs, data structure, algorithm knowledge
- Strong understanding and hands on experience of some dependency injection framework and writing testable code
- hands on experience on build/deploy tools/configuration such as maven, jenkins, etc
- Prior experience in resolving performance issues and should know how to go about optimizing APIs via code, configuration, caching or whatever method suitable
- Aptitude/experience of analyzing and debugging complex production issues using tools such as splunk, dynatrace and sometimes UNIX commands
- Ability & willingness to learn technologies at pace and adapt easily
- A bachelor's degree in computer science. If the candidate has strong technical skills and/or great reasoning ability paired with decent coding ability, this will not be a barrier
What will you work on?
This position is for a java developer within the Insights Team.The team owns a patented fully offline text parser which enables all these features. The parse is written in Java and is maintained as a separate project and included within the app. It is tuned for a very small memory footprint and parsing speed compared to other parsers.If you get selected, your main focus would be to continue the work we have done in the parser, improve it in terms of efficiency and throughput and implement new features.
It would be great if you also have:
Since we are working with text parsing, it would be awesome if the candidate has
- Experience in compiler design (Undergrad knowledge is good enough)
- NLP knowhow and a basic understanding of how text parsers work.
- Knowledge of Graph based data structures/algorithms
- Some experience with stream processing paradigms
- Working experience in Kotlin
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
How To Apply
You can also apply with the help of link given
This position is based in Bangalore, India. Please contact Talent@truecaller.com if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International teams - 25+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football Team, Geek lunch, Lab Days!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with delicious breakfast
- Stay refreshed: juices, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Gym reimbursement.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Accident,Term life insurances
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.