About us :
Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt of working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Your Mission :
The Data Scientist is responsible for collecting, organizing, analyzing and interpreting Truecaller data and drawing insightful conclusions with the aim of enhancing BU’s road map, business plan and customer experience. The individual will work in close collaboration with the Product, Engineering and platform team in order to identify and follow up on metrics, evaluate A/B tests and user behavior and identify product insights. The role requires working both independently and proactively with identifying improvement opportunities as well as being involved in separate projects. The Data Scientist will act as an advisor to the BU's Product improvement, strategy building and Management Team by identifying and communicating data insight.
- Collecting, organizing, analyzing and interpreting all data and drawing insightful conclusions from it that enables us to work in a smarter way
- Create visual interpretations from data and explain graphs and charts with insightful notes and summaries
- Analyzing users data and assist product development in finding new innovative ways of presenting and making use of data
- Support our management team in identifying, measuring and following up on key metrics
- Providing regular, accurate and comprehensive statistical reports
- Providing objective insight and analysis to influence decision making
- Constantly asking the right but difficult questions on why, what and how and also help us answering those questions
- Ensuring quality of data and actively working on cleaning data to make sure of top notch relevance and accuracy
- Actively keep up to date on external market and data research and work towards adding data points from external sources to our own data in order to create a value added analysis
Required minimum competencies:
3 to 5 Years Experience in an Analytics/Data Science or similar roles, self- curated projects
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles with a working knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with data modeling on Hadoop clusters, the tools in Big Query, Hive, Spark Kafka ecosystem, stream processing to support the day-to-day work
- Extensive experience with analytical and quantitative problem solving
- Experience with analysis tools, open source or commercially available libraries and toolsets
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail and analytical skills
- A passion for numbers, data and finding patterns
- Ability to excel with challenging tasks with a calm and positive attitude
- Working knowledge of data mining algorithms including decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, neural networks and reinforcement learning
- Experience from working with mobile applications and big data is a great advantage
- Programming knowledge in at least one language in addition to SQL
- Global / multinational experience
This position is located in Bengaluru, India.
We only accept applications in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.