Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 170 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
We, in the Search team, work with the core features of Truecaller and we contribute to enhancing our users’ communication experience by providing them with the most relevant identity information and state-of-the-art spam protection. Our vision is to provide the ultimate search engine for contact details for our users.
As an Android Engineer within our team, you’ll be responsible for enabling and performing highly efficient application development. You’ll be improving the Truecaller service and apps for the Android platform, making sure the application is usable on different devices.
What we expect from you:
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Fluency in English, in speaking and writing
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies
- Ability to make the right compromises to maximise early value delivery without compromising on quality
What will you do?
- You'll be involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android in Search, from idea generation to delivery and analysis.
- You will write a simple, understandable, testable and efficient code, with a focus on solid technical stability and great user experience.
- You will cover your code by unit tests
- You will contribute to the implementation of complex features and design work within the team.
- You will be part of cross-team technical initiatives participate in and contribute to the team’s Agile practices.
It would be great if you also have:
- Good knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, Google’s Android design principles, interface guidelines and best practices
- Knowledge of gRPC, FCM APIs and push notifications
- A knack for performance benchmarking and monitoring
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Applying: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International team - 20+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.