Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 150 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
We at team Growth work on our entire subscription revenue product suite end-to-end by building the front-end and back-end services and systems. Our goal is to ensure that our current profitable and rapidly growing subscriptions business runs flawlessly (we grew by 1000% in the last 1 year) while empowering the org to execute on future product road maps. Our team also has a deep knowledge of Play & App store APIs and have been featured speakers at Google's subscription partner days and Google Playtime where we have detailed ways to grow and retain paying subscribers.
As an Android Developer, you are deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android. Your contribution reaches 100+ millions of our users across the world, which requires a solid focus on the end-user experience and usability. The work will involve everything from the implementation of complex features with a highly usable UI and ongoing improvements based on metrics while ensuring high standards of security and privacy. Be part of our plan to enhance the Android app with several new features also for a specific market.
What we expect from you:
- Extensive, hands-on experience with modern Android application development incl. application lifecycle, asynchronous server communication, and UI components
- experience with unit testing frameworks such as Espresso
- passion for writing clean, maintainable and efficient code using Kotlin or Java
- experience with MVP and Kotlin is a bonus
- a mindset to get things done while maintaining high standards by shipping high-quality code
- experience with agile development having an approach to continuously improve what you are doing
- Fluent English skills, oral and written
What will you work on?
- Work on architect’s designs and implement Android mobile applications in Java and Kotlin
- Performs application development, unit testing, support to QA and production support
- Provides and adheres to best-practices for Android mobile application development
- Develops/maintains build systems, tools, and reusable components
- Gathers functional requirements to generate technical design specifications and build mobile applications
- Self-starts side projects contributing to the Growth team's product offerings
- The biggest caller ID transformation new markets and open-minded, easy-to-talk-to full stack team
More about Growth Team at Truecaller
We welcome you in our open culture. We promise you a lot of opportunities to grow and learn. We are a great team with competent and easy-to-talk to colleagues. If you are keen in developing Android - this is your place! Our Android based service is market-leading, and we use bleeding-edge technologies in our daily work. We team up with Google and other big players and we grow rapidly – there are a lot of opportunities for you to learn and self-develop. Our area is fast, furious and fun!
We are looking for a colleague who has proven experience as an Android software developer. You will fit well if you are a social, trustful and committed person who can explain complex technical aspects (verbally and in documentation). You need to have a true can-do attitude together with a strong quality focus. Additionally, it is expected that you have a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team. Besides, the wanted profile includes that you could work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. This includes that you have excellent prioritization skills and the ability to eliminate roadblocks. Lastly, if you have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams – you are our perfect match.
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Applying: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International team - 20+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.