Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 150 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play an important role in the Data Platform team whose vision is to make data-driven decisions possible at Truecaller. Also to empower product-oriented teams with a complete self-service analytics platform, guaranteeing the stability, velocity, and delivery of the mainstream event pipeline.
What we expect from you:
- Experience working with Airflow
- Experience working with big data and ETL development
- Programming skills in Spark, Python, SQL, Scala
- Experience working with cloud preferably Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Knowledge in Kubernetes
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both with peers and experts from other areas
- Self-motivated and have a proven ability to take initiative to solve problems that come up.
What will you work on?
- Play a crucial role in the team and own the Ingestion pipeline
- Build new tools, develop and maintain Truecallers Data Platform
- Along with the team support all BU’s in building up their own pipeline
- Gather and analyze the requirements from other business units
- Provide best tools based on the requirements for BU’s to be able to reach their respective goals
- Work in close collaboration with data scientists and data analysts other BU’s
- Work with vast projects like migration to Google BigQuery, migration to cloud-native technologies, etc.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience from working with mobile applications and big data
- Experience working in startups
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International team - 44 nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.