Senior Manager Finance /Head of Finance
Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
We are a Diverse organisation with over 90 of the best minds coming from different backgrounds, joining hands to ensure our vision of building trust everywhere.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and North Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
This position will be at the leading edge inside the organisation driving change by ensuring strong financial policies and overall financial health of the organisation.
- Manage the overall administration of all finance-related matters for Truecaller India, including but not limited to :
- Revenue reporting (overall + BU, Geo)
- Preparing financial reports/Analysis
- Monitoring internal controls
- Oversee and prepare internal P&L statement
- Assist with budget and planning
- Coordinate audit and other internal processes
- Tax reporting.
- Manage the daily accounting and monthly reporting functions of Truecaller India operations. Handle vendor payments, statutory payments .
- Manage the daily transactions for bank, petty cash and ensure reconciliations are completed on timely basis.
- Prepare financial statements for annual returns and manage the audit schedule. Accuracy and credibility of the accounts and/or related functional reports.
- Oversee Account Payable functions, ensure all payments comply with company’s internal control policies and payment to vendors on time.
- Budget and forecast annual operating expenses, and allocated resources effectively to ensure budget priorities are met with adequate cash flow.
- Responsible for Direct & Indirect Tax Compliances. Review GST reporting to ensure timely submission with high level of accuracy. Also ensuring timely submission of data & analysing the data before submission to Tax Authorities for Assessment.
- Ensure consistency and compliance with accounting policy and guidelines. Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Maintain the supporting documents for expenses claims, business license, and other related legal certificates.
- Proven working experience of 12+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience. out of which 5+ years in a controller capacity.
- A Chartered Accountant Degree cleared at the first attempt.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation regulations and audit
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Accounts receivable and payable turnover
- Budget variance
- Working capital and operating cash flow
- Expense management
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to influence decision and drive change
- Self-starter with an ability to take complete ownership of activities under remit
- Ability to identify anomalies/ trends etc. and be able to clearly articulate insights and scope of improvements in various scenarios
- Ability to build and scale team
At Truecaller we have built a dynamic and diverse culture where we are keen to take ownership of what we are doing, learn and develop ourselves and are willing to share their knowledge with others. We love to experiment with new tools and technologies to push the envelope and be able to deliver the best product to our users and we believe that failure is halfway to success. At Truecaller you will find challenges and a team with passion for what we do.