Head of Revenue Strategy
With over 250 million users globally, Truecaller is the trusted application for caller identification, spam filtering and communications. The company continues to grow organically and manages over 4 billion phone identities. India is a home market with 1 in 2 smartphone users in the country now using Truecaller every month. 75-80% of these smartphone users utilise Truecaller every day upto 8-10 times a day. With daily active users in India in excess of 100 million, Truecaller is one of the largest customer platforms that also has deep customer trust and unparalleled understanding of user behaviour.
The company was founded in 2009 in Stockholm by two engineers and over the years, it has spread its presence to three continents. Given the strategic importance of emerging markets and its ambitious growth plans, current investors include Sequoia Capital, Atomico and Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers.
India team is responsible for global revenue growth across all verticals. It is the largest team within the company and set up as a full-stack organisation across technology, product, business and sales, analytics and data science functions. It collaborates closely with Stockholm team, which focuses on core communications platforms, such as ID, messaging and calling.
TC management team have an ambitious plan to scale the company in the next 3 years and the Head of Revenue Strategy will be a critical role for the success of this plan. The role will report to the Managing Director. It will be based in Bangalore with frequent travel to Stockholm.
The Head of Strategy will be a critical design, execution and collaboration role that will have a central vantage point across business units in India, collaborating with Stockholm organisation and exposure to the Board, investors and other stakeholders.
- Develop strategies for global revenues across business units
- Lead analysis of strategic opportunities, analyzing market activity and competitive dynamics
- Evaluate business cases for growth opportunities, present and recommend strategies to cross-functional decision makers
- Drive organizational alignment behind recommendations
- Implement corporate and business level strategies that drive the development and execution of innovative market decisions and long term growth strategy
- Support company critical discussions with new investors and the Board
- Help MD and co-founders to define agenda for Board interactions and work with BU head to deliver key analyses and perspective
- Assist in discussions with VC and PE investors to attract growth capital for the company, including articulating the company’s growth story, managing key interactions, and responding to inbound diligence requests
- Assist in M&A and strategic partnerships
- Drive the development and execution of innovative market entry plays and long-term growth strategy
- Assist in identifying and assessing potential targets for strategic investments and acquisitions
- Co-lead the diligence and deal process
- Define and manage integration process
- Drive rigour in execution
- Support performance measurement ranging from defining BU specific metrics to driving cross-functional initiatives to meet short/long term objectives
- Run key internal strategy processes, e.g., India operating committee, half-yearly planning process, etc
- Be company’s eyes and ears into the ecosystem
- Evaluate market trends, competitive threats, and regulatory / other macro changes
- Proactively identify opportunities for the company and business units to consider
- Team management:
- Actively recruit and build team
- Develop team members, including placement out of the Strategy function into other roles
- Top-tier undergraduate degree and top-tier MBA or equivalent degree
- Principal / Senior Engagement Manager from prominent Strategy Consulting firms
- Experienced in technology and financial services industries
- Excellent analytical, modeling and problem solving skills, combined with strong business,judgement and demonstrated project management experience from the technology, media, or finance industries.
- Energy and passion, a self-starter who is willing to operate at highly strategic as well as very tactical levels given the startup nature of the company
- Superior communication and communication production skills, including the ability to take complex, ambitious topics and create compelling narratives for different audiences.
At Truecaller we have built a dynamic and diverse culture where we are keen to take ownership of what we are doing, learn and develop ourselves and are willing to share their knowledge with others. We love to experiment with new tools and technologies to push the envelope and be able to deliver the best product to our users and we believe that failure is halfway to success. At Truecaller you will find challenges and a team with passion for what we do.