Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 150 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
We at Strategy Team, the mission is to build new innovations within Truecaller through the local market insights and partnerships. In the past, our team has built products ranging from Custom versions of Truecaller for partners to new apps such as Truedialer, features like Truecaller Pay and Flash and even extensions to Truecaller like Truecaller SDK. We are the team that builds products and markets from 0 to 1.
As a backend engineer in Strategy team,you will work closely within the team and take the responsibilities in different projects’ architecture, backend development, and maintenance which serves more than millions daily active users.
What we expect from you:
- Software development experience with Java or Scala, Play Framework
- Experience of working with microservices, architecture, and patterns
- Experience of working with non-relational databases
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good English skills, oral and written
What will you work on?
- Responsible for Truecaller’s backend development while providing know-how in the full software development lifecycle.
- Building a scalable and reliable system
- Developing high-volume, low-latency application and coping with the challenge of working in a distributed environment.
- Designing microservices and exploring new solutions and technologies together with the platform team.
It would be great if you also have:
- Reactive systems
- Apache Kafka
- Google Cloud Platform
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Applying: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International team - 20+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.