Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 150 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
At Strategy Team, our mission is to build new innovations within Truecaller through the local market insights and partnerships. In the past, our team has built products ranging from Custom versions of Truecaller for partners to new apps such as Truedialer, features like Truecaller Pay and Flash and even extensions to Truecaller like Truecaller SDK. We are the team that builds products and markets from 0 to 1.
As an Android developer, you will work in a cross-functional team and take the responsibilities in different projects. We believe you have the rapid prototyping ability, and can write an application with the good quality and speed.
What we expect from you:
- 3 years+ working experience with Android development by using Kotlin or Java
- Experienced in Android SDK, understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with regular expression constructs
- Ability to make the right compromises to maximize early value delivery without compromising on quality
- Fluent in English, in speaking and writing
What will you work on?
- Write a simple, understandable, testable, and efficient code with a good user experience.
- Drive technical improvement by applying software craftsmanship in everyday work as well as by identifying and executing refactoring/improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to the implementation of complex features and design work within the team.
- Being part of cross-team technical initiatives
- Participate in and contribute to the team’s Agile practices.
- Implement unit tests within the team’s responsibility area.
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Applying:This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International team - 20+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.