Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt of working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
We are a Diverse organisation with over 90 of the best minds coming from different backgrounds, joining hands to ensure our vision of building trust everywhere.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and North Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
The Software Engineer - Android is responsible for highly efficient application development in one of the core use-cases within Truecaller where every change has a direct impact to over 100 Million daily active users. This position is part of the Insights team and reports to the Manager of Insights.
Android Developer is deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android, from idea generation to delivery and analysis. Android developer for Insights team will work from direct UI updates on Truecaller app, enabling privacy compliant state-of-the-art insight development and also drive cross team technical initiatives. You will be a key figure in designing and developing key features which is critical for engagement and monetisation within Truecaller.
- Years of experience 2 - 3 years
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or other relevant degree
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices (MVP, MVVM)
- Experience with Kotlin, Retrofit, Room, FCM, RxJava is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful Web Service Architecture.
- A sense of UX oriented design and understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Ability to pick up a library, read documentation and integrate/use with minimal handholding
- Ability to translate/visualize Business requirements to Code/Architecture
- Experience with any popular Version Control System.
- Experience with Agile Release Cycles
If not for the above, even if you are a college drop-out but have built an Android app end to end and have code to show or you have an active Github profile or make contributions to open-source, we’d love to have you on-board.
At Truecaller we have built a dynamic and diverse culture where we are keen to take ownership of what we are doing, learn and develop ourselves and are willing to share their knowledge with others. We love to experiment with new tools and technologies to push the envelope and be able to deliver the best product to our users and we believe that failure is halfway to success. At Truecaller you will find challenges and a team with passion for what we do.