Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
We are a diverse organization with over 160 of the best minds coming from different backgrounds, joining hands to ensure our vision of building trust everywhere.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and North Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
The Product Owner is the owner of the product backlog for a set of product(s) and/or components within Truecaller . The role works closely with other product owners as well as engineering team members; designers and UX experts and reports to the Product Director. The Product Owner’s goal is to make sure product quality and user experience is optimized while ensuring company goals (KPIs and revenue) are met.
Some of your key responsibilities would be:
- Owner of product strategy with input from Product Director.
- Owner of product backlog including continuous grooming (building, breakdown, updating, prioritizing and maintaining).
- Responsible for answering questions, providing feedback and communicating priorities to the Engineering team.
- Defining release scope and timing
- Work with Marketing & Customer Support to ensure that product story and support is well coordinated with release.
- Approve releases and supervising the release process
- Build strong relationships with business partners, end users and other stakeholders
- Constantly monitoring progress and looking for ways to improve the product
- Drive alignment of requirement between backend and application teams to ensure that requirements exist on both sides and are in sync with the input from the Engineering teams.
- Participate in the evolution of agile process together with the Engineering team.
We would love to hear about:
- Minimum of 3 years as a product owner/manager at a consumer mobile application
- At least one experience of building a product from scratch (as a product manager/owner, developer or QA)
- B. Tech/BE
- MBA would be a plus or equivalent experience (i.e. 2 years of additional experience)
- Proven track record of product management for mobile devices and/or applications or working as a product manager or product owner for a consumer product
- Rich knowledge of Agile methodologies and Agile practice(s) and tools including managing a backlog
- Comfortable with numbers and backing up conclusions or proposals with data
- Passion for creating great user experiences
- Any technical background, as developer, is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English, in speaking and writing (Swedish language skills are not required as our official company language is English)
- Global / multinational experience
We all live and act after our values Get Sh*t done, Be Fearless, Help Each Other and Never Give up and expect you to do it as well.
This position is located in Bengaluru, India
We only accept applications in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
Make the right call, send us your application today!