Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the meaningful stuff from the noise and build trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
We are a Diverse organisation with over 90 of the best minds coming from diverse backgrounds, joining hands to ensure our vision of building trust everywhere.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and North Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
The (Senior) Software Engineer - Android is responsible for enabling and performing highly efficient application development, improving the Truecaller service and apps for Android platform in terms of usability and on different devices. The (Senior) Software Engineer - Android Developer is deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android, from idea generation to delivery and analysis.
- Write simple, understandable, testable, and efficient code with focus on solid technical stability and great user experience.
- Drive technical improvement by applying software craftsmanship in everyday work as well as by identifying and executing larger refactoring/improvement initiatives.
- Contribute in implementation of complex features and design work within team.
- Being part of cross team technical initiatives
- Participate in and contribute to team’s Agile practices.
- Implement automation tests on UI and Unit level within the team’s responsibility area.
- Take responsibility in maintaining high engineering standards, commitment to the product with respect and attitude towards others.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or other relevant degree
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with FCM/GCM APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with regular expression constructs
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Fluent in English, in speaking and writing
Nice to have competencies
- Experience in TDD Test Driven Development is a plus
- Proficiency or working knowledge in Kotlin
- Prior experience in using sqlite databases, elasticsearch and kibana
- This position is located in Bengaluru, India
- We only accept applications in English.
Make the right call, send us your application today!