Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the meaningful stuff from the noise and build trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
We are a Diverse organisation with over 90 of the best minds coming from diverse backgrounds, joining hands to ensure our vision of building trust everywhere.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and North Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Being one of the key roles in our Mobile Engineering team, you are deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android. Your challenge will be to apply software craftsmanship as well as to identify and lead larger refactoring and improvement initiatives. Everything you release will reach 70+ millions of Android users, which requires a strong focus on usability. You will be developing for several devices together with your team, and also drive cross team technical initiatives. Implementation of complex features and design work are also things that you will be highly involved in.
As far as your skills, we’d love to hear about:
- an extensive, hands-on experience with modern Android application development incl. application lifecycle, asynchronous server communication, and UI components
- experience with unit testing frameworks such as Espresso
- passion for writing clean, maintainable and efficient code using Kotlin or Java
- experience with MVP and Kotlin is a bonus
- a mind-set to get things done while maintaining high standards by shipping high quality code
- experience with agile development having an approach to continuously improve what you are doing
- fluent English skills, oral and written
- This position is located in Bengaluru, India
- We only accept applications in English.
Make the right call, send us your application today!