About us :
Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt of working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Your Mission :
The Software Engineer - iOS is responsible for enabling and performing highly efficient application development, improving the Truecaller service and apps for iOS platform in terms of usability and on different devices. The Software Engineer - iOS is deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development on iOS, from idea generation to delivery and analysis. This position is part of the Mobile Engineering team and reports to the Director of Engineering Mobile.
- Write simple, understandable, testable, and efficient code with focus on solid technical stability and great user experience.
- Drive technical improvement by applying software craftsmanship in everyday work as well as by identifying and leading larger refactoring/improvement initiatives.
- Drive implementation of complex features and design work within team.
- Drive cross team technical initiatives.
- Participate in and contribute to team’s Agile practices.
- Implement automation tests on UI and Unit level when feasible.
- Act as a role model within team with regards to maintaining high engineering standards, commitment to the product and respect and attitude towards others.
Your Skills :
As far as your skills, we’d love to hear about:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or other relevant degree
- Advanced knowledge of object oriented programming using Swift and Objective-C
- Deep understanding and several years hands-on experience in Cocoa and iOS application development (architectures, design, tools, SDKs), asynchronous server communication and UX optimization
- Ability to write simple, robust, and mobile-friendly code with great user experience
- Experience of agile development
- Fluent in English, in speaking and writing
- Team player
- Polite, humble and respectful
- Honest and trustworthy
- Results oriented with a “can do” and “solve it” attitude
- Great attention to detail and analytical skills
- Structured and well organized
- Problem solver
- Open and communicative
This position is located in Bengaluru, India.
We only accept applications in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.