About us :
Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt of working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Your Mission :
The Software Engineer - Android is responsible for enabling and performing highly efficient application development, improving the Truecaller service and apps for Android platform in terms of usability and on different devices. The Software Engineer - Android Developer is deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android, from idea generation to delivery and analysis. This position is part of the Ads Monetization team and reports to the Director of Ads Monetization.
Your Minimum Competencies :
As far as your skills, we’d love to hear about:
- 3.5 - 5 Years of Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or other relevant degree
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with FCM/GCM APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with regular expression constructs
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Fluent in English, in speaking and writing
Nice to have competencies :
- Having experience with Ads Background is a huge plus
- Having worked on Ads SDK integration (in-mobi, mopub, fb sdk, outbrain sdk) is also a huge plus
- Experience in TDD Test Driven Development is a plus
- Proficiency or working knowledge in Kotlin
- Prior experience in using sqlite databases, elasticsearch and kibana
- Team player
- Polite, humble and respectful
- Honest and trustworthy
- Results oriented with a “can do” and “solve it” attitude
- Great attention to detail and analytical skills
- Structured and well organized
- Problem solver
- Open and communicative
At Truecaller we have built a dynamic and diverse culture where we are keen to take ownership of what we are doing, learn and develop ourselves and are willing to share their knowledge with others. We love to experiment with new tools and technologies to push the envelope and be able to deliver the best product to our users and we believe that failure is halfway to success. At Truecaller you will find challenges and a team with passion for what we do.
This position is located in Bengaluru, India.
We only accept applications in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.