Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt of working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Being one of the key roles in our Mobile Engineering team in our Developer products & platform business unit, you will be deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android. Your challenge will be to apply software craftsmanship as well as to identify and lead larger refactoring and improvement initiatives.
Everything you release will reach 100+ millions of Android users and cater to our growing community of 3rd party developers and startups and hence requires a strong focus on usability. You will be developing for several devices together with your team, and also drive cross team technical initiatives. Implementation of complex features and design work are also things that you will be highly involved in.
You will be a key figure in designing and developing product for our developer community and making sure that we are giving a world class experience to our 3rd party developer partners and to our end users.
As far as your skills, we’d love to hear about:
- an extensive, hands-on experience with modern Android application development incl. application lifecycle, asynchronous server communication, and UI components
- experience with unit testing frameworks such as Espresso
- passion for writing clean, maintainable and efficient code using Kotlin or Java
- experience with MVP and Kotlin is a bonus
- a mind-set to get things done while maintaining high standards by shipping high quality code
- experience with agile development having an approach to continuously improve what you are doing
- fluent English skills, oral and written
- Self-starter, motivated and fast learner. Not the one to take “NO” for an answer
- Problem Solver
- Good listening skills and receptive to suggestions, view points from others in the organization
- High level of integrity and a constructive team player
- Good communication skills
- Display qualities around :
- Get Shit Done
- Never Giving Up
- Helping Each Other
- Be Fearless
At Truecaller we have built a dynamic and diverse culture where we are keen to take ownership of what we are doing, learn and develop ourselves and are willing to share their knowledge with others. We love to experiment with new tools and technologies to push the envelope and be able to deliver the best product to our users and we believe that failure is halfway to success. At Truecaller you will find challenges and a team with passion for what we do.
This position is located in Bengaluru, India.
We only accept applications in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.