Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
We are a diverse organization with over 160 of the best minds coming from different backgrounds, joining hands to ensure our vision of building trust everywhere.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and North Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
You will be working with the backend that powers the Pay module in Truecaller taking on problems molding the evolving environment of FinTech in India. As a backend developer you will be working with integrating the latest technologies in finance and working in close cooperation with the systems of leading banks and financial institutions in India. Truecaller is a company that has seen scale at a big level and one of your challenges will be to help building an industry leading scalable payment solution.
Some of your key responsibilities would be:
- Write simple, understandable, testable, and efficient code with focus on solid technical stability and performance.
- Drive technical improvement by applying software craftsmanship in everyday work as well as by identifying and executing larger refactoring/improvement initiatives.
- Contribute in implementation of complex features and design work within team.
- Being part of cross team technical initiatives
- Participate in and contribute to team’s Agile practices.
- Take responsibility in maintaining high engineering standards, commitment to the product and respect and attitude towards others.
We would love to hear about:
- Hands on experience with modern Ruby on Rails practices and development.
- Experience with writing clean, maintainable and scalable code
- Good awareness of the Ruby on Rails ecosystems and being in touch with the latest developments in this area
- Experience in developing backend APIs/services, micro-service architecture. APIs for mobile apps in particular is a bonus.
- Awareness/experience in setting up and configuring rails applications is a big plus – eg: nginx, passenger, varnish, rabbitmq
- Have a clear understanding of database technologies; with previous experience with MongoDB being a bonus
- Awareness/experience with testing methodologies like RSpec and Cucumber
- A high-performance mindset to deliver good quality code and also an understanding of the product
- Openness with working in a culture of inclusiveness and individual responsibility and experience with Agile methodologies.
- Good communication skills – good knowledge of English, both written and oral
We all live and act after our values Get Sh*t done, Be Fearless, Help Each Other and Never Give up and expect you to do it as well.
This position is located in Bengaluru, India
We only accept applications in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
Make the right call, send us your application today!