ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst with expertise in credit card analytics to join our growing team. As a member of the Rocket Money Data team, you’ll collaborate closely with Rocket Card and Rocket Loans teams to foster a culture of data-driven decision-making across these organizations. As a senior individual contributor, you’ll proactively work with product and the Rocket Card team to recommend how we analyze the card’s performance and drive strategies for growth.
You will have the opportunity to own the effort and collaboration with colleagues across Finance, Rocket Card, Rocket Loans, and Data, to build a mature set of reporting and analytics around the card and underwriting program. This requires being forward-looking and thinking through the team and company’s initiatives to better understand cardholder behavior, while building tooling and frameworks that not only measure card performance, but also ladder up to key company KPIs.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
In this role, you will:
- Independently lead the analysis of credit card performance metrics, including: acquisition, retention, utilization, and profitability, and provide actionable insights to inform and set strategies
- Be the expert on Rocket Card’s credit card data, understanding the nitty gritty details of the credit card program, and partnering with Analytics Engineering to ensure accurate and timely availability of credit card data for analysis
- Leverage your expertise in credit card data to help the team define KPIs, identify trends, patterns, and anomalies in our credit card data, and recommend strategies to optimize product offerings and customer experiences
- Proactively identify and drive analytics projects that help inform the strategic direction, both as its own company and in the context of Rocket more broadly, that Rocket Card should take
- Float from thinking about big strategic data questions to getting your hands dirty building out the processes, systems, and ultimately analyses to answer those questions. Be the person responsible for ongoing maintenance of what you have built
- Translate complex analytical findings into clear and concise reports, dashboards, and presentations for stakeholders at all levels of the organization
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 5+ years of experience in data analysis with a focus on credit card data and related metrics, taking on progressively more complex work and senior roles
- You intuitively understand how to measure and grow a credit card business (such as Net Credit Losses, DQ rates, etc.) and how various KPIs are interrelated
- You have a strong understanding of credit card products, payment systems, and industry-specific regulations
- You have a strong SQL background. You are comfortable spinning up a quick analysis or proof of concept data model
- You have expertise in data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Power BI)
- You have excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical findings to non-technical stakeholders and comfortable speaking with senior/executive level leadership
Bonus points if:
- You have launched and grown a new credit card program for a brand
- You have experience with our stack (BigQuery/GCP, Fivetran, Looker, Amplitude, Mode)
- You are proficient in using python and R for statistical analysis
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Salary range of $125,000 - $150,000/year + bonus + benefits. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.