ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
ABOUT THE TEAM 🤝
The Card team is focused on helping Rocket Money members get control of their credit by building out the technology platform to support a new product offering – a next-generation credit card designed to keep our users out of debt. We work across the stack to bring joy to a number of key flows in the credit card lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Securely applying for a credit card within the Rocket Money mobile app
- Provisioning both physical cards (shipped to members) and virtual cards (pushed to mobile wallets)
- Helping users to stay on top of their credit card payments using our proprietary SmartPay algorithm
- Earning rewards for using the card with select merchants
- Reacting to card swipes in real time to block potentially invalid charges
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Work in a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, designers, analysts, and more to deliver a high-impact product to our members in the form of a credit card with which to make their daily purchases.
- Own complex features end-to-end, from initial product & technical design stages through to production, ensuring the appropriate engineering rigor has been applied as we put these financial products in front of our members.
- Develop with TypeScript across the stack, building user interfaces using React[-Native] and the backend support required to power them with Node, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Be a steward of good user experience, ensuring that the interfaces we present our users are performant, understandable, and delightful.
- Help to maintain our high technical bar, participating in code reviews and design discussions to ensure that we're applying appropriate rigor to our software development process.
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 5+ years of professional experience working with some combination of Node.js/TypeScript, React (or similar framework), GraphQL, and Postgres (or similar relational database).
- You're both a student and a teacher, continually seeking to grow as an engineer and help those around you grow as well.
- You're not just interested in what you're building, but also why you're building it. You want to see the bigger picture of how the software you‘re building is benefitting our users.
- You have a collaborator mindset and are able to break technical work up into pieces and coordinate them with others on the team to ship software more quickly while still maintaining a cohesive application.
- You are someone who holds themself accountable and follows up on the changes you've shipped to ensure they are working as expected.
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Minimum salary of $150,000/year + bonus + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20), however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.