In order for your application to be reviewed and considered, please be sure to include a link to your portfolio!
ABOUT TRUEBILL 🔮
With a mission to improve the financial health of millions, Truebill is transforming the way people manage their expenses and grow their net worth. Through helping people cancel unnecessary subscriptions, negotiating bills and securing refunds, we save our members money while helping them regain control over their finances. Think of us as the personal financial assistant you always wanted.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
Create eye-catching direct response ads for TikTok, Facebook, Instagram and various other social media channels that feel authentic to their platform. Have the ability to execute the production of any size project with high regard to detail, enthusiasm and no ego. Please note this job is within the marketing department creating ads, it is not designing product or user design experience for the app. While it is useful to have motion design experience this position creates graphics and layout for the production department to animate.
Reporting to the Art Director, you will be responsible for interpreting the existing Truebill design language and skyrocketing it to another level. Focusing primarily on direct-response digital marketing, your work will be both the starting point for project ideation as well as the finishing touch to new and existing creative concepts. You understand the distinction between a pleasing look and one that stands out and disrupts a user’s feed, and you're comfortable making compromises for the benefit of performance. Starting from rough concepts to clearly defined ideas, you will design digitally composed static ads and graphic elements to put into motion for videos on multiple platforms. Your design skills will not only entertain and educate, but also convert the average person looking to get control of their finances into lifetime Truebill users and advocates. Taking on the challenge of producing designs that are disruptive but effortlessly understandable will be your daily responsibility in order to stand out from the feed.
More Specifically You Will:
- Participate in the creative ideation process, bringing new ideas to the table and offering a fresh perspective on pre-existing themes & concepts
- Deliver a regular cadence of finalized static imagery and layout in multiple sizes for different platforms
- Source and design graphic elements, including text, for use in static and video ads that communicate Truebill’s features in a concise and direct fashion while maintaining aesthetic quality and hook-appeal of given concept
- Work hand-in-hand with our in-house content strategists to build effective, direct-response ads that cater to various user personas on different platforms
- Build pixel-perfect storyboards for app explainers with seamless hand-off to video editing team
- Design sign-up and landing pages for desktop and mobile web flow with the goal of retaining the audience and increasing conversion rates
- Develop ideas for large scale out-of-home marketing efforts as well as handle the production of finalized assets for printer hand-off
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Resize and iterate on existing ideas and projects
- Take initiative to understand how individual creatives preform and if they are impacting metrics, learn from it and adjust accordingly
Who You'll Be Working With:
- While reporting to Creative Director and Art Directors you will be working as a team with our in-house Content Strategists, Copy Writers, and Video Editors.
What Our Team Is Like:
- While as a company we are upbeat, driven and encouraging, the growth team is also full of humor and communication (after all this is a communication arts job). We have various group chats going off at all times with wild and fun ideas, and constant feedback and discussions on key learnings. All Truebill employees exude intelligence, talent, kindness and an eager open mind.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A productive detail-oriented individual who is intuitive, willing to learn, and has an opinion. Someone dedicated to the expansion of an authentic visual design culture of Truebill. A consistent hard worker who wants to laugh and cross off milestones with a seriously talented team. A stylistically flexible, self starter who can approach everything with a beginner’s mindset and flawless execution.
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- 2+ years of professional experience producing content for User Acquisition or Direct Marketing
- Ability to envision multiple variations, versions, or options of a given concept into a wide range of visual interpretations
- Expert-level skills with Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to understand project scope and accurately assess time availability
- Consistent attention to detail regarding traditional graphic design skills, file formats, naming conventions, and organization
- Ability to express ideas clearly and communicate well with others
- Clear understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat, and TikTok with ability to tweak one set of raw assets many different ways to best fit each platform's audience
- Ability to pick up new skills, programs and combine what you know with what we learn
- Understanding of offline/out-of-home best practices such as printing, file formats, and color correction.
- Professional experience with media etiquette involving email, web, video communications and file storage (slack, teams, zoom, dropbox etc..)
- A strong portfolio of visual design work involving digital marketing (print and motion a plus)
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks, Kombucha & Coffee on tap
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Minimum salary of $61,000/year + bonus + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20), however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Truebill, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.