Thank you for checking out our careers page and for your interest in working for Truebill! Truebill is dedicated to providing the best candidate experience possible. We will only reach out to you through official channels with a truebill.com email. Please only apply to roles through our careers page: https://www.truebill.com/careers/.
Protect yourself from job scams! A reminder Truebill will never ask for any personal information until we have extended an offer from a @truebill.com verified email.
ABOUT TRUEBILL 🔮
Truebill is a YC-backed startup with offices in San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Our DC office is right on the Silver Spring metro! Hundreds of thousands of people use Truebill to manage their daily finances and take control of their money. We just recently announced our $45 million Series D round of funding and are now looking to scale our all star team!
With a mission to improve the financial health of everyday people, Truebill is transforming the way people manage their expenses and grow their net worth. Through helping people cancel unnecessary subscriptions, negotiating bills, and securing refunds, we save our members money while helping them regain control over their finances.
We're looking for Senior Data Analysts to join our growing team. In this role, you'll collaborate closely with product, engineering, design, marketing, and the data team to better understand the needs and usage patterns of our members, measure the outcomes of experiments, forecast the impact of new product features, and build tooling and novel analytics that enable Truebill to make better decisions.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
In this role, you will focus on the following types of problems:
- Working with the product and engineering team to measure the performance of our payroll detection algorithm - a key input in measuring a members financial health
- Working with product and data to understand how our members are using custom labels to better categorize their transactions and designing new transaction categories to better serve our members
- Working with product and marketing to map our member journey and identifying ways to better introduce new members to the Truebill product
- Optimizing the way we cancel and negotiate members subscriptions with our product and operations team
Regardless of the challenges you dive into, you will:
- Become a subject matter expert within the company in a particular focus area and be responsible for not only the data sets and analyses for that particular domain, but will also work with stakeholders directly to lead data projects from start to finish
- Become an expert on our members: understanding their needs and financial goals and work with the data team to measure both their progress and ours
- Be a steward of good measurement and experimental design - designing analyses, dashboards, data sets and tooling in such a way that they are testable, repeatable, and robust
- Maintain a high technical bar by participating in code reviews, data model and technical design discussions, and focusing on the maintaining a high degree of quality in our production data
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 4+ years of experience as an analyst with relational database production experience, and some familiarity with Python/scripting language
- You embrace the player and coach mindset - taking the lead on solving hard problems to further your own professional development while mentoring those around you in their growth trajectories
- Experience in designing, executing, and analyzing product experiments
- You care about the why of the problem you're solving as much as the what and how. You need to understand the context and the bigger picture of how the problem you're working on is impacting and benefitting our members
- You find yourself often building tools to help others solve their problems and try to follow a philosophy of continuous improvement and automation
- You want to continue to grow and optimize to your learning rate and are excited by hard problems and big challenges like improving financial health
- Experience with our stack (Big Query, dbt, Python, Looker, Mode, Amplitude, Segment) is a plus
- Experience with fintech, banking, and consumer transaction data is a plus
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks, Kombucha & Coffee on tap
- Commuter benefits
Truebill, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.