Thank you for checking out our careers page and for your interest in working for Truebill! Truebill is dedicated to providing the best candidate experience possible. We will only reach out to you through official channels with a truebill.com email. Please only apply to roles through our careers page: https://www.truebill.com/careers/.
Protect yourself from job scams! A reminder Truebill will never ask for any personal information until we have extended an offer from a @truebill.com verified email.
ABOUT TRUEBILL 🔮
As a Y Combinator top company, Truebill’s mission is to improve the financial health of millions by transforming the way people manage their expenses and grow their net worth. Through finding and canceling unnecessary subscriptions, lowering bills, and securing refunds, we save our members hundreds a year while helping them regain control over their finances.
We just announced a $17 million Series-C round of funding and have over 1 million users and counting. We are now looking to scale our all-star team in both San Francisco and the Washington, DC area. Come join the fun! 😃
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
Truebill is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us enhance and scale our machine learning products. This role will work closely with data science, engineering, and product to ensure that we're delivering reliable and accurate data to our users who depend on Truebill to navigate their financial lives. You'll have the opportunity to work on projects which can meaningfully improve the financial health of millions of people, and grow alongside a team of experienced builders as you do it. This position is well suited for someone who is interested in the challenge of building systems to enrich and understand financial transactions and help tell that story to our users though great machine learning products.
- We are user-focused. As we build software, we keep the end-user in mind to ensure that we're building something that will make a difference for them.
- We are all both students and teachers. We value the sharing of knowledge and the drive to grow and become better engineers, data scientists, product managers, and more.
- Enhance and scale our machine learning systems used to process and enrich consumer finance transactions.
- Build observability into the models and be responsible for the predictions being served to our customers.
- Partner with Data Scientists and Research Engineers to collaboratively deliver practical, efficient learning systems.
- Incorporate existing user labels and feedback in the training pipeline and build tooling for maintenance of training data.
- Create scalable and friendly processes for efficient monitoring, tracing, profiling, and debugging of deployed models
- Work closely with the data science team and product owners to continuously evaluate and improve production models.
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- 3+ Years of experience building and operating ML models for consumer applications, particularly those with experience building end to end systems.
- Practical experience scaling models for speed and data capacity as part of a production system.
- Experience in building pipelines for the extraction, enrichment and classification of text.
- Experience with current ML tooling and willingness to learn and test new frameworks best suited to the problem.
- Strong opinions on how to instrument their ML models that ensure quality predictions are being delivered to our users.
- Prior experience with financial data, time series predictions and transformer models is highly desired.
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks, Kombucha & Coffee on tap
- Commuter benefits
Truebill, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.