About Trove Recommerce
Recognized by FastCo in 2022 as one of the World Changing Ideas Awards and in 2020 as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most beloved brands, extending the life of millions of products and creating more inclusive, less wasteful business models. Trove is the market leader in branded resale and trade-in for world-class brands and retailers such as Canada Goose, lululemon, Patagonia, REI, Levi’s, Arc’teryx, Allbirds, and more. Through its proprietary Recommerce Operating System, Trove is accelerating the shift toward more sustainable business models, foundational for circularity. Over the last decade, Trove has equipped leading brands with technology and operations to create and scale branded resale programs by enabling customer trade-in of items, single-SKU identification and condition grading, site build and maintenance, and customer data collection, analytics and reporting. A Certified B Corporation, Trove is pioneering a new era of retail essential to a more sustainable future.
About the Director of Operations, Process Improvement role
As the Director of Operations-Process Improvement, you are responsible for leading and managing the recommerce operations across a network of best in class reverse logistics technology and infrastructure that intelligently routes, identifies, prices, and lists used items. This role will be instrumental in driving innovation and scale across operational processes and automation. You will help strategize, design, and implement solutions to maximize operational efficiency and quality from inbound receiving through order fulfillment of unique recommerce items. Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will masterfully collaborate across diverse internal teams and can be flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Likewise, you will be responsible for a network of 3PL performance and support them with initiatives that will drive efficiencies. This role is highly cross-functional and you will work closely with our Product, Engineering, Data and Partners Ops teams. As a leader in the Operations team, you will play a pivotal role in deeping Trove’s competitive moat and in turn, help brands keep items in use longer and reduce landfill waste.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage a remote team of supply chain experts focusing on process design, resale, reverse logistics, and ecommerce fulfillment operations.
- Expand and oversee Trove’s 3PL network, including creating budgets, monitoring performance and KPIs, and negotiating rate improvements with logistics providers.
- Drive operational efficiency and innovation in reverse logistics through the identification, planning, design, and execution of initiatives. Apply engineering standards and lean, six-sigma methodologies for process solutions.
- Collaborate with the Product team to advocate for software enhancements and define features that enhance gross margin and refine Trove’s product line.
- Successfully execute onboarding and launches of new partners, coordinating with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Partners Ops, and Data Analytics. Launch 3PL operations for new partner programs.
- Manage operational P/L and construct COGS financial models.
- Document findings and procedures to facilitate the implementation of process changes.
- Work with the Operations management team to establish priorities and manage a roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams, including Product, Engineering, and Senior Leadership, to achieve results.
- Establish and monitor operational KPIs, including Inventory Control Management and 3PL budget.
- Oversee product adoption activities (testing, training, UX research, process development, and issue triaging) across the Operations team.
Experience You Bring:
- Expert at analyzing large-scale processes to identify opportunities and solutions for improved efficiency and scalability.
- Significant experience in Supply Chain, with a focus on reverse logistics, ecommerce, inventory control, and 3PL management.
- Implement process improvements and automation technologies, including WMS integration.
- Effectively communicate upward with the Executive Team.
- Lead inclusive teams, providing continuous feedback, recognizing individual strengths, and fostering growth.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills.
- Drive organizational change and transformation buy-in.
- Manage and adapt to multiple competing priorities.
- Possess strong critical thinking skills to identify, define, and resolve ambiguous problems.
- Advanced data analysis skills using tools such as Excel, Tableau, or equivalent.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations, or a related field of study.
- Have 10-15 years of experience in Supply Chain, Process Design, and 3PL Management.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience with used/recommerce or unique item operations
- Process and/or industrial engineering background
- Previous experience at an early-stage company
- Understanding of ecommerce in luxury, fashion and/or outdoor industries
- Passionate about sustainability and the circular economy
Why Work Here?
Flexible Remote Workplace - Trove’s flexible schedule and remote workplace allows employees to take control over their schedule, which is invaluable when it comes to attending to the needs of personal and work life needs.
- Flexible PTO - Our flexible vacation company policy allows employees to take the time they need to rest and enjoy themselves outside work.
- 401K- Employees can set aside pre-tax dollars to invest in a qualified retirement investment plan with a company match.
- Medical- Trove covers 100% of employee monthly premium.
- Equity/Share Options - The longer the employee works, the more stocks become available to purchase.
- Learning Fund- Exempt employees have access to a pool of funds to support execution of their self-development goals and objectives.
- Partner Discounts- Enjoy eligibility for Pro Accounts and various partner discounts from Patagonia, Arcteryx and Eileen FIsher
Mission Driven- Work alongside passionate people to build the leading recommerce infrastructure and the circular economy.
Trove is committed to creating an equitable and transparent workplace. The annual compensation range for this position is $144,553-$216,038 plus competitive bonus and equity. Final compensation will be determined based on experience, location and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Trove requires all employees to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.