About Trove Recommerce
Recognized by FastCo in 2022 as one of the World Changing Ideas Awards and in 2020 as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most beloved brands, extending the life of millions of products and creating more inclusive, less wasteful business models. Trove is the market leader in branded resale and trade-in for world-class brands and retailers such as Canada Goose, lululemon, Patagonia, REI, Levi’s, Arc’teryx, Allbirds, and more. Through its proprietary Recommerce Operating System, Trove is accelerating the shift toward more sustainable business models, foundational for circularity. Over the last decade, Trove has equipped leading brands with technology and operations to create and scale branded resale programs by enabling customer trade-in of items, single-SKU identification and condition grading, site build and maintenance, and customer data collection, analytics and reporting. A Certified B Corporation, Trove is pioneering a new era of retail essential to a more sustainable future.
About the Senior Fullstack Software Engineer role
Trove's team is growing fast and our Engineering team is at the center of that growth. We are seeking a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to help us build the platform that powers circular shopping.
As a member of Trove’s engineering team, you will promote and execute sound coding practices, offer and receive constructive feedback, and design solutions independently and collaboratively. You have and will hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation). Most importantly, you will take pride in your work and recognize the accomplishments of your fellow Trovers.
What You’ll Do
You will work with a variety of stakeholders on a daily basis. But most of your time will be split between independent work and collaborating with your colleagues in engineering. We operate on a scrum framework, execute on lean workflows, and we continue to hone our processes.
You’ll develop against the entire stack, across multiple products and develop for multiple persona per product.
You will be successful here if you...
- Are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation)
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide criticism
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
Experience You Bring
- Have 4+ years of professional experience in software development
- Have a solid knowledge of NodeJS
- Have a deep understanding of object-oriented design
- Are well versed in web technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
- Have strong experience working and integrating with APIs
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Know your way around a UNIX shell
- Have strong experience building large scale web applications
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience with an automation focused culture – in testing and build/deploy
- Experience building scalable eCommerce applications
- Read books, blogs, and attend conferences to improve your craft
- Have GraphQL experience
- Have PostgreSQL experience
- Have ReactJS experience
Why Work Here?
- Flexible Remote Workplace - Trove’s flexible schedule and remote workplace allows employees to take control over their schedule, which is invaluable when it comes to attending to the needs of personal and work life needs.
- Open PTO - Our flexible vacation company policy allows employees to take as much leave as they need. Employees need time to rest and enjoy themselves outside work. Putting a cap on this important time doesn’t help our effort to achieve high levels of employee satisfaction and productivity.
- 401K- Employees can set aside pre-tax dollars to invest in a qualified retirement investment plan with a company match.
- Medical- Trove covers 100% of employee monthly premium.
- Equity/Share Options - The longer the employee works, the more stocks become available to purchase.
- Learning Fund- Exempt employees have access to a pool of funds to support execution of their self-development goals and objectives.
- Partner Discounts- Enjoy eligibility for Pro Accounts and various partner discounts from Patagonia, Arcteryx and Eileen FIsher
- Mission Driven- Work alongside passionate people to build the leading recommerce infrastructure and the circular economy.
Trove is committed to creating an equitable and transparent workplace. The annual compensation range for this position is $99,207-$144,525 plus competitive bonus and equity. Final compensation will be determined based on experience, location and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Trove requires all employees to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.