About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, and Levi's.
About the Director of Analytics
Trove is seeking a Director of Analytics to lead Trove’s delivery of data and insights both internally and for our partners. You bring proven experience leading analytics teams, building data tools and processes that scale, and superior analytical, technical, and business acumen. In this position, you will report to the VP of Data and Business Operations and will lead a team of 5 analysts and data engineers, with team growth to come. You will work alongside a product-focused data science team. Our current data tooling includes Redshift, Stitch, dbt, and Looker.
Trove has a culture that values excellence, integrity, and creative solutions. We are looking for team members who respect each others’ differences, pursue solutions to hard problems, learn from our mistakes, and challenge the status quo. The Trove team and our partners are working to grow a segment of the retail industry that is truly a win-win - our partners can grow their business, gain new customers, and make retail more sustainable by giving their products a second (or third, or fourth) life.
- Empower all Trovers to access and understand our data, leverage it to discover new opportunities, take actions to improve business performance, and make better decisions.
- Lead and grow a team of analysts and engineers, with a focus on personal development and continuous improvement. Reinforce our team culture of collaboration, inclusivity, and mutual respect.
- Ensure transparent cross-functional communication of analytics-related projects in terms of estimated scope, timing, deliverables and dependencies.
- Define and execute the overall data management and analytics strategy including data governance, security, collection, transformation, quality/hygiene, formalizing metrics definitions, and knowledge management processes.
- Research, advise, and deploy new technologies to support evolving business needs.
- Apply your own expertise and experience to complex, difficult, and particularly interesting analytics challenges.
Projects might include…
- Understand business needs and potential impact of new data sources. Use stakeholder input to prioritize, assign ownership, and ensure end to end success of projects to integrate new data sources into Trove’s data products, from ingestion to insight.
- Create a training program to enable Trovers across various teams to more effectively interpret reports, access data via self-service tools, and use data to drive daily decision-making.
As for necessities ...
- You have experience leading inclusive teams and empowering people to do the best work of their careers. Your first focus is providing continuous feedback, recognizing the individual strengths and contributions of your team members, and helping them grow.
- While your primary focus will be managing the team and building a roadmap, you are able and willing to roll up your sleeves and solve specific problems when needed.
- It brings you joy to translate complex data into actionable insights and compelling data-driven stories.
- You love to optimize workflows by applying systems, processes, and scalable frameworks to enable your team to effectively prioritize and complete projects, with a focus on maximum impact in minimum time.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team environment, and have a proven ability to cultivate relationships within and across departments.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and are comfortable communicating clearly in a remote environment.
- Expert-level SQL, familiarity with git-based workflows, and comfort with the technical work performed by a modern analytics team.
Bonus points if you...
- Familiarity with our stack or similar modern data tools: Redshift, dbt, Looker
- Experience in a fast-moving startup environment
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company and is an affirmative action employer. We believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our potential. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.