About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, and Levi's.
About the Director, FP&A Role
As Director of FP&A at Trove, you will help with scaling the finance function. You must have the organizational capacity, financial background, and strategic forthrightness to both keep up with the transactional finance needs of a fast-growing company while at the same time co-creating best-in-class finance processes and continuing to be a mentor and leader on the team.
- Planning: lead rolling five-quarter financial planning across the company by driving a collaborative, cross-functional process, defining and measuring KPIs
- Financial reporting: liaise with our third party accounting team to review monthly financial results for accuracy, balance sheet health, and trends, and report on results to the company and its investors
- Unit processing costing: work with our Operations team to establish drivers for unit processing costs, enabling the company to incorporate product-specific and partner-specific unit economics in our planning and pricing
- Incentive programs: design, analyze, and administer business and sales incentive programs
- Funding: Manage venture debt covenants, as necessary, and assist with any potential upcoming funding rounds as needed
- Management: Managing and developing part of the finance team
As for necessities, you have...
- Demonstrated professional experience and managing a team in FP&A with a track record of increased responsibilities and/or promotions previously
- Cross-functional and business partnership skills to build solid relationships while also getting results and driving processes to conclusion
- Ability to juggle priorities and meet deadlines in ambiguous situations or where not all information is available
- Comfortable being hands-on with data and accounting while also being able to step back and think strategically aligned with our CFO
- Attention to detail
- Mastery skills at Excel
- ERP/CPM software and database experience and a passion for all things finance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have...
- Previous experience at an early-stage company
- Understanding of ecommerce in luxury, fashion and/or outdoor industries
- Passionate about sustainability and the circular economy
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.